i

Mark hates to admit when he has no grasp or ideas on certain situations, but after his life had entered the Dark World it became a norm for him. And having many people stare at him while walking past them, following the others into the main Council Headquarters is definitely one of those times. The hybrid was really hoping that they were looking at Lucas, who was walking next to him, but Mark knew that the giant puppy would've been drooled over— not seen as a freak, even on their terms.

He only sighed and averted his eyes away from the gaping looks, trying to shrink himself into more of Lucas' side. The taller werewolf seemed to notice very quickly, immediately sliding his arm around the younger's waist. It seemed like Jongin noticed as well since he came by their side suddenly making even more people back away and whisper in secret.

It is one thing that the group has learned of Mark as time went on with him living with them; the hybrid does not preen under attention like Ten or Baekhyun does, how Lucas and Jongin shine from it, or how Taemin gains even more power with attention. He likes very little attention, and only when it's reasonable, this trait became even more pronounced after Taemin turned him. So as soon as they entered the ancient place, the others tried to cover Mark as much as possible. Unfortunately it could only do so much.

Some only looked from far away, others tried to see him, the rest just whispered. Luckily they were on a timed schedule, where Taemin had to speak with the Human Faction of the Council on the whole situation regarding "vampires".

Mark knew that it wasn't vampires murdering these people, everyone in the group agrees with that, but it definitely was something to take into account; even on their standards. Unfortunately, humans don't see that and only want to point fingers constantly. Mark guesses that Baekhyun was right after all; humans are very idiotic when it comes to things that they don't understand.

"Sir and rest, they are just down this hall on the right. But they only will agree to this meeting if the hybrid stays outside."

At this Mark snaps his attention back out of his thoughts, feeling the tension in the air rise and Lucas' grip on his waist tighten. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at the servant, eyeing her down, "why?" At his demand, the servants' once stone facade slowly crumpled once the vampire's eyes slowly darkened to gold and black. The servant started to stutter but fell silent when Taemin walked up to her, eyeing her down.

The atmosphere turned cold immediately, making the hybrid shift uncomfortably, especially within the werewolf's grip. "It's fine, I can stay—"

"No. I will not have a member of my family be forced out of a meeting. I am sure that you have heard of what happened last time something of the sort occurred?" At the mention, Mark noticed everyone around them; walking past or listening in, tense up. The brunette wracked his brain trying to remember the crash course and mini-stories that the others have given him over the last few months. His stomach dropped when he realized who he was referring to; the First.

Mark gulped at the thought of himself being on that type of level, quickly burning up with embarrassment at the thought itself. The First was like a King turned God while Mark was a peasant in the slums in terms of how Taemin's group is. Even though he is aware that they all would've scolded him for even thinking that low of himself.

The First was Taemin's first on everything. From what he gathered on limited information—the First was Taemin's first real friend, companion, and lover. The First was the one who helped Taemin and taught him, guiding him through the rough stages of immortality. He was there for Taemin, "always and forever", is what Jongin described it when he was telling Mark a few months ago. But then suddenly, during the First War, he disappeared without a trace.