iii

Apologies for the day late upload, I've been busy with work and dealing with personal issues called laziness. I got caught up in reading other fics from other fandoms and just basically threw everything out the window until I caught up with the book so now I'm here again:)

I'm also about two to three chapters until this arc is done so that is exciting, but uploading wise; we aren't there yet. I suck as trying to being consistent with how long chapters are too, I want them to be long but I get so impatient so these chapters are going to be stuck at 1-4k words lol.

- We get to see a little bit on Yuta's backstory here and Mark and Taeyong finally meet as well;)

Enjoy!

×××

Yuta turned when he was twenty-five years old, at the height of one of the many human wars, one of the most bloody that the modern era has seen.

The war was still young and his homeland needed more men—soldiers—with him at the top of that list due to his age and physique. But his mother arranged for him to run away to another country with his pregnant sister, to avoid the war that was just to gain more power for the Emperor. In the end as they made it to the ports, a massacre between darkworlders occurred which led to him being killed, bitten like an animal, and then tossed onto one of the boats headed for Korea in order to avoid news spreading of the said massacre.

He became conscious eight days later in a field of dead animals, blood drenched his skin to the point that it took him a whole day of washing to get most of the blood off. He didn't know how he got to where he was and he barely remembered what happened at the ports.

Yuta didn't meet his sister again until over fifty years had passed, on one of her last days. She settled and made her family grow, she even saw her grandchildren before she became bedridden with sickness. She aged gracefully after seeing the horrors that she witnessed.

And yet Yuta looked the exact same way that he did when they last saw each other.

He should've been the same as her, gray hair with frail bones and wrinkled skin—the way he should've been as any other seventy-six year old man. But his mortality was taken from him in a fit of rage and hunger, something that he will never get back.

So yes, even at over a century old now, Yuta has experienced many things, witnessed plenty that could make historians crawl to him in desperation.

But he's never felt the fear that spiked through him like it did when Taeyong, someone he's just met only a few days prior, shot through his home with a bloody body in his arms—it was something that he hasn't experienced in a long time. It was sudden, about ten minutes ago Taeyong disappeared and now he is back again like he just burst through existence.

However instead of leaving the way he did, he is now grasping onto a body with odd desperation. Something that Yuta never would've thought that Taeyong could have.

Taeyong didn't have to ask the younger one for anything. Yuta automatically turned back to the kitchen island that he was just walking away from after cleaning the mug shards and blood off the floor, taking off anything that could shatter then swiped off papers and miscellaneous items. The ravenette immediately laid the body down, Yuta turned away to turn on the faucet to get warm water. He opened a cupboard and grabbed the biggest bowl he could find at the moment and brought it down. Pulling the bowl into the sink to fill it with water, the red head opened the side drawer to grab towels that he usually kept for the kitchen specifically.