04

You sleep through the evening, and when you wake up, it's to darkness enveloping the room. A subtle light gleams through the window—the moon. Around midnight, you gather.

Ever since you found yourself needing to sleep, you'd been thankful for it. It had been an escape from whatever prison you'd been held in, allowing you to dream of other things than your somber reality. But now, when you're free from cages, all it does is disorientate you.

You wake up in the same spot you remember falling asleep in, although the werewolf that laid beside you is nowhere to be seen. He must've felt uneasy sleeping in the same bed as you, and because he didn't want to wake you, he decided to sleep in the guestroom he mentioned before.

Despite still feeling tired, it seems impossible for you to fall back asleep no matter how much you twist and turn. When a low sound reaches your ears, you sit up.

It sounds like... laughing?

Is Jeongguk still up? Are there others in the house?

Softly, you place your feet to the floor and make your way towards the door. The laughter sounds again, and you peek out into the hallway. The house is dark and quiet, except for a light coming from downstairs. And the muted sound of people talking and laughing, of course.

Only once do the wooden stairs creak beneath your feet as you descend them, curious to find whoever's in the house with Jeongguk. But when you reach the ground floor and turn the corner into the living room, only one pair of eyes meets yours.

What you heard, and saw the light from, is a tv. You know of those. Jeongguk continues to watch you as you inspect the show that's playing on the screen. Without averting your gaze from it, you ask,

"Aren't the drawn ones for kids?"

"Most of them, yeah," he chuckles from the couch.

"But not all," you conclude quietly, head tilted as you watch the characters on the screen. One of them laughs, and you recognize the sound as the one you heard from upstairs.

"Do you wanna sit?"

Jeongguk, illuminated by the soft glow from the tv, is leaned back and spread out confidently, and you nod, feet carrying you to sit next to him.

His large couch allows you to pull your feet up under you as you keep your body turned towards him but your head facing the tv. Although seemingly preoccupied with the show, the man next to you is what holds your mind captive. He's... inviting. In all the ways. Just by sitting next to him with a decent patch of space between you, you feel drawn towards him.

Jeongguk smells good; you've already established that, but somehow you can also feel warmth exuding him and not just the physical one. He has something else to him, something that surrounds his personality.

You're nature. That means that you have a metaphorical heart full of soft and tender feelings, but you're also a force of nature. The force of nature. Kind and forgiving, but harsh and ruthless at the same time. Unfortunately for the humans, they've mostly gotten a taste of the latter, but it's not like they didn't deserve it. Humans are egotistical, arrogant, and sometimes outright evil.

Never before have you genuinely felt drawn towards a human. Because you definitely feel something for the male next to you, and it isn't negative. Well, you don't know if those feelings are super positive either; they're just there. You're curious about him, want to know more about him and his life.

"Why are you not sleeping?" You ask, eyes now coming to focus on the colorful light reflecting in his dark eyes.

To be honest, you felt something pull you ever since you first saw him. He got your attention even when you'd just been thrown into a physical body, not knowing where you were or what to do.