Dragons Task

You act like I enjoy this.

His own words rattled through his head as he walked his hands tucked into the black sweatshirt pocket. Heather told him it wasn't necessary but the two needed the money after all and it wasn't as if Dagur needed much persuasion. Dagur could hear them following after as he continued down the alley, the sensation of the fire rolling under his skin. His skin bristled as he finally reached the end of the alley and turned to see the four people growing closer still.

"What brings you here boy?" A man asked as he smiled. Dagur didn't raise his eyes to meet the man's before giving a crooked smile, and pushing down the hood of his sweatshirt. He ran a hand through his red hair, brushing the long pieces back out of his face and away from his low fade side cuts. The chill of poison slithered through his skin as his dragon readied itself.

"Looking for a man named Ivar." Dagur stated, getting a chuckle from the group.

"Well you're looking at him." Ivar grinned. His skin was what one would expect from a viking, fair and his black hair was pulled back into a braid. He was rather muscular but so was Dagur.

"Ah... well you know you have a pretty nice prize on your head." Dagur hissed as the man's grin faltered. The shadow behind Dagur started to shift as the dragon left its rider coming to full form. The three scorpion tails loomed above the beasts brown and yellow arms and legs. Two large horns came out the sides of the dragon's head as two smaller hooked horns were settled on the beasts snout. Sparks of fire rolled through the dragon's mouth as it growled, and its wings spread wide striking the walls around them.

"You're a rider..." One of the others whimpered.  Dagur winked at the man before a tail swung out striking him and throwing him back into the wall.

You do enjoy it, Dagur.

Dagur shook his head from his sister's words as Sleuther's tails caught the man they were after as the two others bolted from the alley. The man struggled against the constraints of the dragon's tail as Dagur grumbled something about his head hurting. The dragon gave him a small coo in response before dropping the man at its rider's feet.

It gets us money and it got you into school. We have a roof over our head because of what I do, I get it isn't the safest or best thing to do but there isn't much I can do about it.

Dagur stared down at the man in front of him as he quivered. Dagur grabbed Ivar's arm, hauling him to his feet as Sleuther returned to its rider's skin.

"Thought dragon riders were under the city's control." Ivar whispered as Dagur snarled before slamming the man into the closest wall.

"Don't get yourself in more trouble." Dagur snapped before yanking the man away and starting out of the alley.

We could get registered as official dragon riders.

And you know what will happen if we get found out.

I just don't want to keep hiding.

As long as he breathed, his sister and him would never be put into a situation like that. They needed to keep moving but now with Heather going to school that was going to be nearly impossible. They could be caught and their dragons taken, they would be imprisoned. Dagur has seen it happen to enough other riders to know how it goes. The man in his grasp jerked trying to get away as Dagur yanked him backwards, pulling the blade from his belt and pressing it to the man's neck.

"Don't think I won't. I'm not that inexperienced." Dagur growled as Ivar quivered as the blade pressed into his skin, getting a bit of blood to drip. Returning the blade to its sheath, Dagur started walking again, dragging the man with him.