Ch. V Running and Acceptance

Lucy’s POV

We left the beach, it was getting late.  We went to our room and I made a quick dinner with Juvia.  When we had finished eating I let out a yawn and covered my mouth “Looks, like someone’s tired,” Gray teased and I glared at him.  Natsu seemed to be out of it, like he wasn’t paying attention.

We all decided to go to sleep and right when we were going to figure out sleeping arrangements Natsu grabbed my arm and pulled me into one of the rooms, slamming the door closed “Guess that settles that, want to sleep with me Juvia?”  I heard Gray through the door “S-sure Gray-sama,” “Gray’s fine, you know Juvia…”

They faded away and I was sitting on the bed in the room, while Natsu leaned against the door “What did you mean earlier by ‘It’s that time of year’ Luce?” He asked me “It’s Dragon Mating Season,” “What?”  He looked confused “It’s the time of year when Dragons find and mark their mates for life,” “What’s that have to do with me?”

I blinked at him, willing him to get the point, please, please, don’t make me say it “Oh,” he said and I looked away, he sat next to me “So is that what’s happening to the Dragon Slayers?”  I nodded and he grabbed my chin, making me look at him.  “How do they know who their mate is?”  “They start acting really protective and weird around them, kind of clingy.”

Suddenly he kissed me “So, you’re my mate Luce?” I jumped back and stood up “Y-you tell me,” he got up and walked over to me.  I kept backing up but I met the wall “I want you Luce,” I blushed and dropped down to the floor.  I rolled in between his legs and tried to reach for the door but he grabbed my wrist.

I was spun around and he was grinning evilly “Why would you do that Luce?”  I frowned when I heard a grunt from the other room, oh my Mavis, was that what I thought it was?  I looked toward where Juvia and Gray’s room was and was almost sick when I heard it again “Don’t think about it Luce, it’s exactly what you think it is.”

I looked back at Natsu and he looked even sicker than me, that’s right, he had super senses.  I grimaced “Gross,” he smiled up at me “I don’t think it’s that bad, after all, the same thing will happen to you,” oh no!  I had to get away.  I backed up against the door but not completely, I had an idea.

I grabbed Natsu’s face and kissed him, while he was still surprised from that I whispered “I’m sorry Natsu,” then I kicked him where the sun don’t shine and ran out the door.  I heard a groan of pain from Natsu but I kept running.  I ran outside all the way to the beach and looked for a place to hide.

I found a rock but before I hid myself I washed all of my scent off of me so it would be almost impossible for him to find me by scent.  “Luuuuce!”  I heard him and hid behind my rock “Luce?  I’m back to normal,” oh Mavis, I don’t know if he’s telling the truth.  “Luce?”  He was a lot closer.

“Why are you hiding?”

Levy’s POV

It was really awkward sharing a room with Gajeel, Jellal and Erza had totally abandoned me, sleeping together, damn lovebirds.  Gajeel and I were lying next to each other, on completely different sides of the bed but I still couldn’t sleep.  I mean, I was laying right next to a Dragon Slayer, during Mating Season! 

This was going to be a terrible night.

Right when I was nodding off muscular arms went around me “G-Gajeel?”  I whispered, he snored.  He was asleep!  He held me close and I felt really warm, and really safe “Yes Shrimp?”  I jumped, I had been nodding off again “Sorry, did I scare ya?”  I could tell he was smiling “Yes!  Sorry to wake you up.”

He snuggled his face in my hair “It’s fine.”  We sat there for a while when I heard him snore again, he was asleep again.  I let out the breath I had been holding.  He wrapped his arms tighter around me and pulled me close.  My face was on fire, and not just from his body heat.

“Gajeel?  Can you let me go?”  “Never.”  He didn’t seem awake but he still answered me “Please?”  I turned to look at him and he opened his eyes “Hmm, you smell really good Shrimp.”  I blushed even more and looked down “Can you let me go?”  “You’ll be cold,” “Okay, why are you holding me like this?”  Oh wait “Dragon Mating Season,” I whispered.

“Huh?”  Gajeel raised an eyebrow “It’s Dragon Mating Season,” “What’s that mean?”  “Dragon Mating Season is when Dragons find and mark their mates for life,” “And it’s the same for Dragon Slayers,” I nodded “So, who’s my mate?”  He asked “Y-you tell me,” “Well, I think her name begins with an L, or an S for her nickname,” I blushed, my face was probably as red as the sun!

“And she has blue hair, she’s tiny but still one of the strongest people I know,” he paused “Could it be you Shrimp?”  He smiled at me and I pushed on his chest.  He chuckled and kissed me “Will you be mine Shrimp?”  “I don’t think I have a choice,” “I still want your permission,” aw, how sweet.  He cares about my feelings.

I kissed him and we laid there kissing before our bodies begged for air “I’ll take that as a yes?”  I nodded and we were quiet “G’night Shrimp,” “Goodnight Gajeel.”