i. Before Hogwarts

Since Harry and I were dropped off at their door, we have been living with our aunt and uncle, at 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey.
They're not really kind to us: Harry has been the family's whipping boy. He was treated so badly that he lived in a tiny broom closet under the stairs. I was luckier. I got the right to take Dudley's old room. If ever we take a wrong step, we don't eat for 3 days. I hate this house. We aren't free... but we have no other place to go.

More and more recently, strange phenomena occur: objects change place, others disappear. We were at the zoo once. Harry and I went to see the reptiles. He started to whisper something incomprehensible and the snake seemed to respond. Then Dudley arrived. The glass vanished and he fell into the aquarium. I have to admit that I had to keep myself from laughing. Especially since the glass was back and Dudley got stuck. Unfortunately, we were deprived of meals for a week.

✧✦✧

During the summer of his eleven years, Harry began to receive letters. They came from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. School of Magic, really?
Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia didn't seem to be surprised. It's weird, there is no such thing as magic, isn't it? Harry was so happy to finally be able to get out of this house, but unfortunately Uncle Vernon forbade him to go and burned his letter.
Throughout the week, the street was swarmed with owls and more and more letters for

Mr. Potter,
The Cupboard Under the Stairs,
4 Privet Drive,
Little Whinging,
Surrey

were arriving.

The following Sunday, a tremor echoed in the fireplace. What the hell can that be? Suddenly, a huge number of letters come out of the fireplace. They're the same ones from the magic school. Harry manages to grab one but he didn't have time to take refuge under the stairs before our uncle catches him.

The next day, we had to pack our bags because "we have to go to a place where these damn letters will not be found". 
We drove during hours. No one dared ask where we were going. Uncle Vernon finally stopped. We got out of the car and he points at what looked like a large rock way out at sea. Perched on top of the rock was the most miserable little shack you could imagine.

On the night of his eleven years, someone knocked on the door. A half-giant named Rubeus Hagrid enters. He details our past as the son an the daughter of James and Lily Potter, who were a wizard and witch respectively, and how they were murdered by the most evil and powerful dark wizard of all time, Lord Voldemort. Voldemort wasn't only unable to kill Harry, but his powers were also destroyed in the attempt, forcing him into exile and sparking Harry's immense fame among the hidden magical community. He told Harry and I he will come back to get us on the last day of August.