Seen 5

Seen

"So you picked me, huh?" Addison smirks as she opens the passenger side door for you.

Why so smug? Ugh! She's infuriating.

"So I picked you..." You scoff, but underneath it, you're smiling.

You think you made the right choice.

"So you know it's Montgomery now right? The divorce went through so now it's just Montgomery," says Addison.

What a pretty name for an even prettier woman.

"Yes, Dr. Montgomery," you tease her. Addison grins.

She smiles like sunlight.

"Where are we going?" You ask her.

You don't really care, as long as you get to be with her.

Addison takes you for a drive, far out and far away, and the windows are down and the music is up.

It's romantic. It's oh-so-romantic.

You end up by the ocean, and Addison says she stumbled upon it when she got lost one of these times.

The waves of the ocean match the waves of her hair. Oh wow, that's cheesy.

"It's so pretty at night, with the reflection," you sigh contentedly as you lean your head against her shoulder. Addison nods approvingly, and she reaches her arm around you.

Her eyes flicker gold in the green parts when she's wistful like this.

"So, are you gonna tell me your speech then?" Addison asks you.

What speech? Noooooo there are no speeches.

"I think you can figure it out for yourself," you say coyly, with a soft grin.

Addison chuckles, and the laughter rings loud and warm into the air.

"I'm not what you came for," you eventually blurt out to her.

Definitely not what she came for.

"No, but you could be who I stay for," says Addison, as she brushes over your hair because she knows that you like it.

Okay, now THAT is the most romantic thing that anyone's ever said, ever.

"I thought you promised already you wouldn't be leaving," you say bravely.

She's staying for you.

"I guess I already did," Addison smiles.

"What are we?" You ask into the semi-darkness.

Please say something like 'girlfriends!?'

"We can be whoever we want to be. Surgeons, career women, good friends to our friends..." Addison smiles. "And together we can be... People who share their first kiss together?" Addison offers you tentatively.

You laugh softly as you both lean into each other, your lips barely grazing as your eyes fall shut, and the rest of the world falls away as you open your eyes again, and you can see that she's looking at you like she's got some love-speeches planned for you, too.

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN

Author's note:

Thank you folks for staying right until the end of this one!

The lines "I'm not what you came for," and "but you could be who I stay for," are direct references to one of my favorite stories "Not what you came for" by flipflop_diva but with a happy and fluffy ending. It's been a ride, really great to be completing a story when many of them are far from finished. Have a great day everyone, and let me know what you liked about it. '

Cheers,

bobbiejelly