Chapter 5

(Genevieve's POV)

Black Veil Brides plays a couple more songs like "The Shattered God," "Heart Of Fire," "The Devil In The Mirror," "Walk Away," and more.

The concert ends, and Michelle and I make our way past the security guys to the backstage.

I ask for Michelle's phone to text Annabelle.

Hey. Michelle and I have Backstage Passes so we are gonna be a while. What's the plan?

Two minute later, the phone buzzes with Annabelle's message.

Don't worry. We have some too. Be there ASAP. :) xoxo

I text back, K. See you soon.

I give Michelle her phone back and take a look around. It doesn't look too special back here, but we let the security guide us until we are outside the Black Veil Brides dressing room.

The security man (he looked really familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on where I knew him from) knocks on the door. "Hey guys, there's two girls out here with backstage passes."

"Okay, Steven. We'll be right out!" Jinxx says.

I hear something tip over and Andy shouts, "Tyler! Who are they?"

"I'm Genevieve. That's Michelle," I say to the security guy as I begin to realize who he is.

"It's Genevieve and Michelle!" Security guy yells.

"Be right out!" Andy yells back.

"Oh my God... you're Steven Tyler from Aerosmith!"

Steven smiles. "Yeah. Are you a fan?"

"Yeah! Cryin' is my favorite song by you guys!" I blush and laugh nervously as I realize that I probably sound crazy or fangirlish.

"Any particular reason?" He asks.

"Yeah."

I dated a guy about 4 months ago. I thought he cared about me. He'd tell me that he loved me all the time, but I could never get the words to come out of my mouth. I guess everything works out the way it does for a reason because he'd asked me to date him again (it was an off and on kind of thing), but two weeks later, he wrote a big long paragraph on Facebook (Annabelle showed it to me) about how he loved this other chick more than anything else in the world. Next, he posted another paragraph about how he was just going to stay single for a while so he could get over this girl. On Christmas day, however, he had the audacity to text Annabelle and ask for me. I just ignored him. I haven't seen or talked to him since that day four months ago.

"My ex boyfriend was kind of a douche," I say as I look up at the ceiling trying to blink back in the tears.

"Just a douche? Please, he treated you like crap, put you through the wringer, and expected you to worship the ground he walked on," Michelle injects.

"I'm sorry, hun." He pulls me in to a hug. Oh my God... Steven Tyler was hugging me.

"It's okay. I'm getting used to it."

"Listen to me, Genevieve. You are a beautiful young lady. You should never get used to people treating you like that. You understand?"

I nod as the lyrics of Cryin' run through my head.

I was cryin' when I met you

Now I'm tryin' to forget you

Love is sweet misery

I was cryin' just to get you

Now I'm dyin' cause I let you

Do what you do - down on me

I hear a few more items being knocked over in a hurry, and then Andy opens the door.

"Hey," he breathes out while looking at me with a big smile on his face.

"Hey," Michelle replies. I think she's feeling a little bit ignored. I don't mean to do that to her. I'm just excited because I'm finally meeting the people who have changed my life.

"Would you girls like to hang with us in our dressing room?"

"Sure." I smile.

"Don't worry. I made sure they were all dressed." He laughs. God, he has such a beautiful laugh.

"Especially CC?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, especially him."

"Well, I'll see you all later." Steven smiles and turns to walk away.

"Steven, you sure? You can stay here with us if you'd like?" Andy asks.

"Nah. I'm good man, but thanks." Steven waves bye to us and goes to talk to another girl coming through the backstage hallway. It was Annabelle!

"Wait, Annabelle just got here!"

"Who?" Andy scratches the back of his head.

"Her sister," Michelle replies.

Steven points at us and Annabelle walks over to us, with Steven helping her.

She doesn't look okay. She looks bad.

What happened to her?