Chapter 5

"I- um- I-I can explain!"

Jake's heart quickened, his mouth was dry and his biggest fear was coming true. How was he so stupid?! Of course he didn't check the cup before handing it to Drew the other day! This was just his luck.

"Umm, i-I wouldn't mind being friends with you." Drew squeaked.

This is it, Drew was totally weirded out by Jake, stupid Liam, stupid Henry. Jake was going to murder them.

"L-listen, I'm sorry that I weirded you out, it's just my coworkers. T-they wrote it down when I wasn't looking because it was a busy day and I should have looked more closely and I'd understand if you don't ever wanna see me again and-" Jake stopped, he realized he was rambling.

He carefully searched Drew's face for and signs of disgust or embarrassment. But all he saw was just, well, Drew.

"I said I wouldn't mind being friends." Drew said more loud and firm  this time.

"Huh? Really?" Jake said out of amazement. Was... was this real?

Drew did nothing but slowly nodded. His eyes met Drew's, Jake was stunned. Drew's eyes were a deep, dark shade of brown, it was breathtaking in such a way that Jake wanted to get lost in there forever. They held each other's gaze for what seemed like forever. Soft light spilled through the glass wall, lighting up Drew's face. He looks so freaking gorgeous, Jake wanted to cup the cute boy's soft cheeks in his hand. He wants to run his fingers through Drew's hair, feeling the soft strands underneath his fingertips. Jake felt a shiver down his spine, that could hold each other's gaze forever. His breath was caught in his throat. He wanted so bad to reach out and kiss those soft lips. Drew looked like an angel, Jake was sure this was some sort of special effect because to him, Drew was just way too perfect.

"Hey, why don't you come over to our Friday movies night?" Henry cheerfully asked, having appeared out of nowhere, breaking up whatever was between Drew and Jake.

"Huh?" Jake was getting flustered all over again "where did you come from?!"

Ignoring them both, Drew replied to the question "I would love to come."

"That's the spirit Drewy." Henry said through a smirk.

"Ugh I told you to stop calling me that." Drew groaned.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, we don't talk much but we know each other." Drew explained.

"Well it's settled then, Drew's coming to our movie night this week." Liam said.

"Hell ya, it's gonna be awesome." Henry said as he high fived Liam.

And like that Jake was left speechless, he couldn't say no. He mumbled something under his breath then fast walked to the changing rooms. A blush appeared on his pale cheeks, oh god how was he gonna have Drew over in his apartment?

———

"Well I'll just get going now." Drew muttered after seeing Jake leave.

"Alright, I'll make jakey text you the address." Henry replied.

Drew walked out the door, a slight wave of panic washed over him. He was actually going to hang out with Jake, all he had to do now is to not mess this up.