♔Daddy's Here♔

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

It was a quiet Saturday morning. The weather was nice as well, with clear skies for the majority of the weekend. Seonghwa sighed in tranquillity. He lived for the more peaceful moments in life. The times when he could just relax, drink a cup of coffee and not be burdened by the thought of work or taxes.

"Daddy!" However, reality always broke these moments. Even still, Seonghwa smiled as his pride and joy sprinted into the room, a bright grin on his little face. He rushed up to his father, bouncing up and down while he tugged at his pant leg.

"Good morning Wooyoungie," He grinned. Seonghwa pulled the child onto his lap, ruffling his light blonde hair.

"Daddy, can we go to the park? Please please please!" Seonghwa thought for a moment. The weather was very pleasant today and he didn't have anything on his schedule. So why not? The man smiled down at his son and nodded, making Wooyoung cheer with joy.

"Alright baby, how about I call Sannie as well? Then you two can have a playdate. How does that sound?" Wooyoung nodded eagerly and hopped off of his lap to get ready. "Hold on! We need to get you dressed and brush your teeth first!"

"I can do it by myself!" Seonghwa shook his head, still smiling and got up, knowing full well that wasn't true. Wooyoung was five years old now. He was a bundle of joy and energy that Seonghwa couldn't be happier to have in his life. How his mother couldn't want him would forever be a mystery to Seonghwa.

He sighed, looking down at his sweatpants and t-shirt, realising he would have to get ready as well. First, he had to make sure Wooyoung had dressed appropriately. Their apartment wasn't large, since Seonghwa didn't have much money, but it was just enough to support his son and that was all that mattered. He entered the boy's room to find clothes scattered across the floor, with the child ripping through his drawers frantically. "I have no clothes!" He whined.

"I think you have more clothes than me," Seonghwa reached down to pick up the clothes, sighing at the mess.

"Sorry, daddy..." He heard Wooyoung mumble. Seonghwa looked up at him, tilting his head to the side with a soft grin.

"It's alright baby. Here, do you want to wear your favourite skirt?" Wooyoung's eyes lit up and he began to nod. Seonghwa handed him the light pink skirt and a simple white shirt to change into. He watched the child scamper off to go change, giggling to himself with excitement.

Another thing Seonghwa would never forgive his ex for was not letting Wooyoung dress the way he wanted. For some odd reason, she was so adamant about him dressing "like a boy" whatever that was supposed to mean.

About an hour later, the two pulled into the park. Wooyoung bounced eagerly in his car seat, anxiously waiting for his father to let him out. Seonghwa was afraid he would have flown out the window had it not been for the straps keeping him down. Nevertheless, he took him out of the seat, holding his hand the moment he was out so that he didn't run away.