Chapter 5

Ross paced the living room, waiting for Carter to get there. He picked up a few random things from the floor, and made sure the couch and living room looked as clean as it ever had. Jet was sitting on the arm of the couch, watching him pass by.

"Don't look at me like that, Jet," he said playfully and she yipped at him. He walked over to her and rubber her head. "This is a big deal for me, okay? So be good when she gets here."

Just then, the doorbell rang and Ross' head shot up. Jet barked and ran towards the door, Ross following her. The nerves of Carter seeing his house were almost getting the best of him.

Before he opened the door, he stopped to check himself in the hall mirror. His hair was elegantly disheveled, and he wore a long sleeve dark grey shirt with a wide cut neck and black skinny jeans paired with black converse. He pushed his sleeves up thinking that would look better, and adjusted his necklaces so both picks were on top of each other. He rubbed his hands on his jeans.

He opened the door and tried not to lose his breath at the sight of Carter. She had straightened her hair today, and she didn't have on a beanie. He smiled at this because he loved how her hair framed her face so perfectly. He quickly looked her up and down, taking in not only her beauty, but her outfit. She had on a long sleeve black shirt that hung a little loose in the middle and Ross adored that. Her dark skinny jeans fit her perfectly and put Ross nearly on edge. She was absolutely beautiful and he couldn't get over it. His eyes snapped back up to Carter's face that was a light shade of pink.

"Hi Ross, can I come in, or?" Carter asked, kind of giggling.

"Yes. Oh, yes of course," he said, stepping aside and extending his arm outward. "You look amazing, by the way," he said without thought.

She blushed and fixed her hair. "Th-thanks. So do you," she said looking up at him shyly, then back down to Jet who was pawing at her feet. "Hello pretty girl," Carter said, her voice going up a few octaves as she reached down to pet Jet. "How are you?"

Ross smiled widely at the way Carter talked to Jetta. It was much like how he did. He couldn't get over how much he loved seeing this wonderful girl interact with his puppy.

Jet jumped up on her hind legs and wagged her tail. Carter looked up at Ross.

"Can I pick her up?" she asked and Ross nodded as he shut the door behind them.

"Yeah, go for it," he said.

Carter put her hands gently around Jet and lifted her off the ground, and she fit perfectly in the crease of her arm.

Ross walked up next to them and pet Jetta's head, bending down a bit to be at eye level with her.

"You missed Carter didn't you Jet?" he said, his voice a little more high pitched than normal. Still bent down a bit, he gazed up at Carter who was looking down and smiling at him, giving the dog's ear a little scratch.

Ross then stood up straight and motioned towards his living room.

"Well, we can head over to the couch if you wanna get to the lesson," he said. Carter nodded and looked around for the first time at his little apartment, a light smile on her face as her eyes fell onto the pictures of instruments on the walls.

There were also picture of Jetta, and some other pictures of nature scenes. The walls were a plain cream color and his furniture looked very new and comfortable. She approved.

They made their way over to the couch and Ross motioned her to sit down. They both made themselves comfortable as Jet jumped out of Carter's arms and Carter looked around in confusion and then at Ross who was smiling at the puppy.