Chapter 1

His fingers traveled up the neck of his blue Gibson guitar as his eyes scanned over the room, his foot tapping against the stool he was currently sitting on. It had been a pretty slow day at the store, and he felt the need to play a few riffs to keep himself occupied. As he watched, he noticed there were a few people in the store. But like most customers, they were just looking around before leaving. Not too much longer, the bell on the front door jingled, signalling a new customer.

He looked over to see who had just walked in, and his eyes widened as he watched the young girl make her way into the store, her hands reaching up to fix the beanie on her head. Her wavy brown hair fell at just the perfect length past her shoulders, and he swore she had the cutest nose he's ever seen.

He caught himself staring and looked away, but soon found his eyes were making their way back to her. She was beautiful. And she was walking right towards him. He quickly darted his eyes down back to his guitar so she couldn't see he had been looking. He brushed his hand through his mop of blonde hair and continued with the riffs, hoping to catch her attention. She walked right by him towards the guitars on the wall behind him.

She didn't look at him as she passed, much to his displeasure, but he did notice a very cute shy smile on her face. In her wake, he could smell the light perfume she was wearing. She even smelled beautiful. As she scanned the fenders on the wall behind him, he contemplated the best way to approach her.

He watched her for a bit just to give her some time, which he was okay with. He felt creepy for staring but he just couldn't help it. It had been a minute or two and he took a deep breath before getting off the stool, swinging his guitar so it was behind him.

He quickly ran a hand through his hair and ruffled up a few pieces before making his way over to the electric guitar section. Once he right behind her he realized she was just about a head shorter than him, the perfect height he liked in a girl. He took in another breath while thinking about what to say. He had never been this nervous around a girl he's never met before. He needed to play it cool. He slowly brought his hand up and found himself tapping the girl gently on the shoulder. She quickly spun around at the contact, only to have her eyes go wide as she looked up at him. he also held his breathe the sight in front of him. This girl was even more beautiful up close.

For a second he stood there until, shaking his head a bit, he remembered what he went over there for in the first place. Time to turn on the charm. He gave this girl a smile as he gestured behind her. "Do you need help with anything?" he asked, as professionally as he could. He watched a light blush form on the girl's cheeks as she looked from him to the floor.

"Um, I'm good. But thanks," she said softly.

His heart beat a little faster after hearing her voice, so light and airy. With that the girl turned around moving closer to the wall, yet he stayed put. He didn't want to just walk away. He walked up next to her as he pointed to the black Fender up on the wall.

"If you're looking for something that will last a lifetime, I'd choose that one," he said.

She looked up to catch his gaze, the quickly darted her eyes toward the Fender as a smile grew on her face.

"Could I see it?" she asked.

He smiled wide when he knew she was interested in what he was telling her, and he nodded.

"Of course." He walked over to the wall with his blue guitar swinging behind him, and he reached up and took the black Fender off the wall. Once he had a firm grip, he walked back over to the girls and held it out to her. She took it delicately in her hands.

Her fingers brushed his slightly when she grabbed the guitar from him and he couldn't help but notice how the feeling of her fingers on his lingered.