48.

"Well thank you for coming out here," Hannah smiled and hugged Marie.

"Of course," Marie hugged her best friendly tightly, "the dream team and the Jesses."

"Always," Hannah grinned.

Marie took Emily from Soffs and cuddled her close. She was going to miss her niece so much. She kissed her forehead. Emily giggled and played with Marie's hair.

"Gimme the baby," Jesse grinned.

"Here you go," Marie carefully gave Emily to her fiancé.

Marie watched with a soft smile and Jesse cuddled Emily to him. He gently bounced her and kissed her forehead. She loved watching him with her. He was so gentle and loving. Seeing him with a baby was everything to her. It showed her once again what a wonderful he was, and how lucky Marie was to have him as her partner in life.

"Oh I'm going to miss you," Jesse murmured leaning his cheek on the top of Emily's head.

"And us?" Soffs smirked.

"Yeah, but I'll miss Emily the most."

"That's the corrected answer," Hannah laughed.

"You two better get going," Soffs looked at his watch.

"You're right," Jesse nodded giving Emily back to Hannah.

"It was good to have you both out here," Soffs grinned and hugged Marie tightly.

"We'll talk often," Jesse promised kissing Hannah's cheek.

"I will hold you to that," Hannah smiled.

"See you soon," Marie hugged Hannah and Emily.

"Group hug!" Soffs wrapped his arms around them.

Marie pressed her cheek to the top of Emily's head and closed her eyes, enjoying the hug from her fiancé and best friends. These were the people who meant the world to her.

"See you soon," Jesse said, pulling away and grabbing his suitcase.

"See you soon," Soffs echoed.

"Love you," Marie squeezed Hannah's shoulder.

"Love you too," she grinned.

"I love you the most!" She gave Emily a sloppy kiss which made her squeal and giggle.

"Have a safe flight. Let us know when you're back in Melbourne," Soffs wrapped his arm around Marie's waist.

"We will," Jesse smiled as Marie grabbed her bags.

The two of them pulled on their face masks. They walked into the airport and to check in. Marie looked back over her shoulder and saw Soffs fussing to get Emily into her car seat.

Once Marie and Jesse made it through TSA, they and were at their gate, she leaned her head on his shoulder. She linked her arm through his and weaved their fingers together.

She loved Chicago and considered it her home, but Marie was looking forward to going back to Australia. She knew how much Melbourne meant to Jesse, and she had also fallen in love with it. She opened her eyes and looked down at her hand.

Marie still hadn't quite gotten used to seeing her engagement ring. She was never one to wear jewellery—that was more Hannah's thing. She loved the ring. It was perfect and had come from the perfect man.

"I love you," she murmured.

"I love you too," Jesse leaned his head on hers.

"I want to marry you."

"And I want to marry you," he squeezed her hand, "how about we start planning our wedding when we get back to Melbourne?"

"I'd like that. I'd like that a lot," she looked into his eyes excitedly.