Chapter 17.

Chapter 17 ━━ Getaway

RIP Winston😭

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

The screaming is growing every second and the group shares a look of pure confusion. 

"Hey! Hey!" Thomas and Minho appear from the corner and they look terrified by something. 

"Run! Go!" Minho shouts as they continue to run towards the group and that's when people appear at the same corner, soon following behind them. 

According to Katherine's judgment, the people aren't friendly-looking and innocent. They look more monstrous and hungry for blood. 

"Shuck!" Newt swears, his eyes still on the crowd chasing after Minho and Thomas. 

"Everyone run!" Katherine quickly grabs the nearest backpack she can reach and her gun before turning her heels to run for life as Thomas and Minho catch up with them. 

Without any hesitation the group sprints towards escalators and climbs up, not wanting to be a victim of the cranks. 

"Thomas, Minho, what the hell are those things?" Chris is the one to ask the question everyone's itching to know the answer at the moment. 

"I don't know. Just keep going!" Thomas yells back. 

Making it up onto the next floor, Thomas is frantically looking around for an exit, when another crank advances them with a heavy limp. 

"Chris, no!" 

Clutching a long metal pole, Chris advances at the crank through a bunch of protests of cries. He swings his pole, hitting the crank into its leg and resulting in it flying into a pile of boxes and knocking out. 

Katherine uses her gun to shoot a few cranks as they make it to another escalator but the number of cranks is rising to the point where she decides to push the weight of her body to run. "Shit." 

The group makes it to a hallway and the sound of cranks are still close behind. 

"Where the hell are we gonna go?" Katherine asks, looking around for an exit. 

"We gotta find a way out of here!" Frypan yells through the horrifying screech of cranks as everyone continues to push their speed. 

A sound of a glass breaking behind them whirl to see Newt tackled by a crank and struggling not to be the dinner of the ugly creature. 

Katherine's eyes widen in horror at the sight. "Newt!" 

Before anyone has time to react, Katherine's adrenaline kicks in as she runs up to Newt and kicks the crank directly in the face with a force that is enough to knock the crank off the boy and fall crashing the glass railing and into the darkness with a horrible screech.