five;

'i hate you so much it makes me sick, it even makes me rhyme.'

(SATURDAY: november 25th)

—  *:・゚the night of the yule ball, a night many students and even professors were looking forward to. it was a night filled with dancing, fun, drinking (some six years spiked the punch) & a little romance, sparks fly and slow dances are shared.

willow was looking forward to it: was is the key words. she thought maybe fred would ask her but to her surprise that didn't happen because instead fred asked out hannah abott, the girl who makes an idiot out of willow on a daily basis.

'you're so pathetic, no wonder you don't have any friends, or any friends that matter.'

'i think wills might know some things on mudbloods right? since her filthy mother was muggle born.'

'you are a disgrace to the wizarding world so save us the trouble n' pitch yourself off the astronomy tower. no one would care.'

yeah remember when i said some people aren't very fond of willow, hannah was one of them.

the insults seared into willows brain like a hot knife, they meddled with her so badly she would have nightmares where everyone abandoned her, so to see fred and hannah show up together? it was painful.

'you can do this willow, i know you can. you go show him what he's missing' angelina hyped before walking into the great hall with willow and lavender brown, another one of their friends 'exactly. you look beautiful and besides you don't need a gross boy.' lavender stated, scrunching her nose in disgust— if it weren't for angi & lav willow would be up in her dorm crying but they gave her the strength to soldier on. 'whatever happens just know i love you both. let's do this' willow nodded and they all interlocked their hands, together walking down the stairs.

it looked absolutely out of this world, there were gorgeously crafted ice sculptures that held its form no matter what & colors of silver and blue spread throughout the hall to give that real authentic feel, snow was bewitched to fall from the ceiling, arch ways made of ice and lastly huge christmas trees  n' fountains.

the three girls looked at eachother excitedly and practically ran into the hall to begin their night of fun.

everything was going so well, they drunk and danced the whole night, fred didn't cross willows mind once the whole night. who needed him when she had her friends?

'i'm gonna get another drink!' willow yelled  dryly over the loud music, earning a thumbs up from her friends. she walked over to the drink table and poured herself a cup of non spiked punch, taking a long sip to relieve her throat.

she then pulled out a seat to relax for a little and just watch everyone having fun, it made her happy. 'having a nice night?' she heard a familiar voice ask from beside her. rage tugged at her stomach as she turned to face the person. 'well i was until you appeared' willow wittily replied which made fred confused because well he thought they were finally becoming friends, 'what are you playing at avery? we were friends a week ago and now you can't stand me?'

it took everything in willow to not throw her punch all over that dickhead, how daft can a person be?

'yeah we were friends until you asked hannah to the ball, she's absolutely horrible to me and you have seen it! not to mention heard it!' she laughed at the irony, slamming her cup down and standing up, 'listen here and listen good weasley, we aren't friends and we never will be because you're just an annoying boy who feels the need to stalk me, for what reason? who knows maybe you're sick in the head.' she ranted on angrily, fred leaning against the table silent 'and you know what else? i hate you.' she spat with tears brimming her rage filled eyes.

'i hate you for taking hannah to the ball. i hate you for coming into my life. i hate you for wasting my time and i fucking hate you for making me fall for you.' willow yelled as tears streamed down her face, ruining the mascara she swore she wouldn't cry off.

fred looked sickly, her words shocked him to the core— he couldn't even speak for the first time ever. fred weasley was speechless.

willow wiped her tears away looking down and shoved past him, half running in her high heels, she would rather be absolutely anywhere but here. the things she admired at the beginning of the ball all the sudden made her feel ill, she came into the night feeling like a goddess in her dress but the only thing she wanted to do now was get out of it.

she ripped off the necklace she was wearing and threw it into the snow that now caked all of hogwarts, willow ran as quick as she could before her body gave out and collapsed on the castle stairs crying and hyperventilating with no one there to comfort her.

nobody, absolutely nobody.

reality was starting to look too much like her nightmares & that scared her more than anything.