||1||

Three months later

After shift I walks to Molly's with Violet. Finally, my relationship with Casey has sailed, and I couldn't have been happier. 

It's been a few months now, and life has been good. Finally, after so many obstacles, we managed to admit that we both like each other.

We've been trying to keep it on the low, as it won't look good to HQ, a paramedic dating her captain. I have a sneaking suspicion, though, that the girls know. Stella and Violet.

Stella, we've been friends for years, we practically share thoughts at this point. As for Violet, we've only worked together for a while, and been friends for even less, but we bonded quickly, and at this rate, she's become my best friend along with Stella.

I keep catching Violet glancing over at me with a knowing smirk on her lips. "So, you and Casey, huh?" 

I choke on my spit. I know that she knew, but I didn't think that she knew.

She smiles, probably finding my reaction hilarious. "I'll take that as a 'Yes, Violet, but we need to hide this from HQ, so can you please not talk about it?"

I compose myself quickly and nod rapidly. "Exactly."

She nudges me, laughing, "You know that you're really bad at hiding things, right?"

I roll my eyes. "You're one to talk, Stella told me what happened when we came to 20 and you and Gallo were locked up in the gym there."

She splutters. "You knew? No one from 20 uses that place!"

"Severide and Stella do," I grinned. "Although I doubt that they use the gym for different purposes than Gallo and yours'."

She beams back at me, and I think how lucky I am to have scored four different, great paramedics, who all managed to come further than ever, and hell, I am so glad that I have had the chance to meet them and the amazing honor to work with them.

Violet is no exception; her medical knowledge being broad, and she really is amazing at treating patients.

When Violet and I get to Molly's we walk inside and hang up our coats. We walk over to the bar and meet Stella.

"Hey you guys," Stella grins.

"Hi Stella," Violet nods.

Violet and I sit down together at the counter.

"So Brett, I've been meaning to ask you..." Stella starts.

I raise my eyebrow. "What?"

"Casey?" She asks innocently, leaning her chin on her hands.

I look at Stella and then at Violet, trying, and failing to hide her grin.

"I swear, you guys planned this together," I groan. "Yes, we're a thing, now please, leave me alone."

They grin and cheer.

"Keep it down, will you? We're keeping it on the low, have been for a few months now."

Violet nods importantly to Stella. "HQ."

"Ah, I get it," Stella understands, "I had the same thing with Kelly for a while, then we just thought, screw it."

She hands Violet and me beer, but not before taking a swig out of mine. I eye her, and she shrugs, "Herrmann won't let me drink on shift, sue me."

Out of the corner of my eye I see Severide and Casey walk in. "I'll be back in a second," I excuse myself.