Prologue

01/06/15

Alexandria delos Santos, 14.

I'm from Manila, Philippines.

I have many nicknames. My friends call me Alex and my family calls me Ria... Others call me Lexy and others Sandy... Well, you can call me anything you want as long as it's not offending to me.

I have a large group of friends. We actually have a name to our group and that is "Squid Squad"...

I'm allergic to seafoods and I love to eat sweets.

I'm an honor student in our school. By the way, I'm from the Southern Academy of the East. It's not that popular for it just started teaching students 7 years ago.

I have a lot to tell about myself but then I think it would take another journal for me to tell some part of my life.

I bought you, my journal, not only to write down what I feel but also to enhance myself. Enhance... you ask? I want to know myself more. I want to enhance my communication skills and also my social abilities.

As I've mentioned before, I'm an honor student so you may assume that even though I have many friends, I still am somehow a loner.

My parents... Well, they didn't kept us only at our home but they also let us play with the other kids in our neighborhood when we're young but then I guess because of the High Technology and gadgets, we were not able to be consistent in playing with our neighbors. Which means we still interact with other people but not that often...

I have an older brother and a younger sister. My bro's name is Alexander and my sissy's name is Alejandra. I don't know what came up to our parents' minds that they named us three with "Ale" as the starting letters.

I am a member of the Academic Team of SAE. We join contests outside school. I even have a dream to join contests even outside the country because I want to make not only my parents but also my country proud.

Love? Well, I encountered this thing before... It wasn't that serious for the boy I loved didn't even knew I loved him. Sad huh? Whatever. At least, I have my Squid Squad by my side...

Pressure? Well, I encounter this thing every single time. Academic Team & Honor's List. What can you say? The others are also expecting me to join our Student Council. How could my situation get any worser huh?

I don't give up on things easily for I believe that I can achieve my goals as long as I don't lose hope.

I also believe that having humility is such a big thing for without it, you'd be branded as boastful or ride which can be hurting.

I really am very excited to discover myself through you.

I may be crazy for talking to you, a journal... actually, a notebook, who is a non-living thing.

Anyways, I really hope you can help me.