These Things We Gather

*TRIGGER WARNING*
-Mentions of (domestic) abuse,
violence & knives-

It's a longer one than usual,
so buckle up y'all!

🍒🍒🍒

Erin, Becca, Loz and Liza were all out at lunch. They hadn't been together properly since Loz's birthday so had a lot to catch up on. Including the many 'dates' Erin had been on.

"NO WAY! YOU AND HARRY!" Liza called, which earned her lots of looks and stares from the other tables.

"Ssssh. Inside voices remember?"" Erin laughed but felt incredibly exposed.

"But yes, well I don't know. We're not rushing anything. Taking everything as it comes." Erin quickly took a bite of her lunch.

"Erin... I'm so happy for you. You deserve this." Becca beamed. Loz and Liza hummed in agreement as they ate.

No one spoke for a while just happily eating and being in each other's company. Erin went into her head. She looked around at her friends and suddenly felt heavy. Heavy with the weight of her past.

Kissing Harry had been amazing and made her feel things she hadn't felt for a long while. However, it also brought up guilt. Guilt that she'd kept everything that happened with Finn, from those closest to her. This past needed to come out. She needed to let it go to be able to move on.

"I'm a little scared though. I haven't been with anyone since.. since... you know who. And I want to talk to Harry but I feel like I need to talk to you all first. You deserve to know the truth more than anyone." Erin stared down at her plate.

"Erin... if he's forcing you into doing something or being something you don't want to be... Harry Styles or no Harry Styles I'll still kill him!" Loz became defence, being protective.

"No it's not like that..." Erin chuckled slightly.

"I... It's about him... Finn I mean."

Everyone stopped eating and set down there cutlery. Their attention now fully on their best friend. She needed them right now and nothing would stop them from being there.

"We're here Erin. Take your time, we're not going anywhere." Becca placed her hand on top of Erin's.

Erin took a deep breath in and then back out before finally revealing all.

Inhale. Exhale.

"He tried to kill me.."

—————————————————

"Hey you!" Harry pulled Erin into a hug. He was leaning against his car waiting for her.

"Hey! Everything okay?" Erin chuckled as she pulled away to look at him.

"It is now."

Erin smiled, a genuine smile. Harry made her happy. Something she hadn't felt fully for a long time.

"You ready to go?" Harry asked, still holding on to her but pulling away to get into the car.

Erin nodded and opened up the passenger door to get in.

Harry followed suit, putting on his seatbelt and starting the car and then the radio.

Once again he turned it up just as a familiar song played.