4 - His Voice

HEY YO GUYS HEADS UP THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN FROM DREAMS PERSPECTIVE!

(all other chapter will be in George's POV unless specified otherwise)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 30 READS MUCH APPRECIATED :)

My throat cracked as I wheezed out a laugh, the pressure building up behind my vocal cords causing a high pitched whistle to emit from my mouth. That just set me off even more, yes I know, laughing at myself how lame. I just agreed with everyone else on the stream, my stupid laugh sounded so forced it was hilarious, and often ended up being funnier than the original joke. I could hear George's loud chuckley laugh through my headphones, so I turned my head towards my right monitor to see him doubled over in amusement on stream.

I absolutely lost it at the sight of him clutching his stomach trying to breath.

I could hear Sapnap yelling at the two of us, demanding to know what we were laughing at, as he had missed the comment in chat, proclaiming that George was my wife, and Sapnap was my oblivious girlfriend. The message wasn't even funny, we probably would have just made a few flirty jokes about it, but George decided to read it out in an old man, over exaggerated American accent (which he was absolutely terrible at).

'It wasn't even that funny, calm down sap,' George said, his words fragmented by his giggles, obviously he thought it was indeed that funny.

'NOT THAT FUNNY? I CAN FEEL THE HOUSE SHAKING FROM DREAM ROLLING AROUND ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING GEORGE!'

I could hear Sapnap yelling through the floor of my bedroom, proving the fact that he was 100% able to hear me. I was, in fact, laying on the floor curled up in a ball, clutching at my sides, my headphone threating to slip off at the dangerous angle they were sitting at. I released yet another wheeze, waiting to be joined by George's loud yell laugh, which often made my eardrums ache due to the sheer volume. The poor viewers on his scream, oh god all of the new people who seemed to increase everyday would have no warning of his behaviour.

Strangely enough, he remained silent.

Only for a second though, then he immediately joined in, leaving me trying to choose between curiosity and a good time. I decided to leave it for the time being.

We kept streaming for a few more hours, no more 'slip ups' from George. Maybe I was overreacting, maybe his Wi-Fi had just lagged for a second. No, his Minecraft character had continued moving as smoothly as ever, I highly doubted his vc had just cut out for a second, he put a lot of effort into maintaining audio quality. We all kept laughing together, talked about stupid topics, our usual demeanor, but to me, something felt off still. I didn't really know why, or when it had started, but I had started feeling lower at some point, like the boy's voices were an echo from one end of a tunnel, and I was standing just outside the other side.

Eventually it hit around 12:30am, and George realised how late/early it was. He didn't say anything, just left the vc for a second, and I braced my ears for impact.

'GEORGE NOO!' Sapnap screamed into his mic, the sound cracking, close to cutting out.

'Geeoooorrggggeeee don't leave us,' I whined, wishing he could be here with Sap and I so we didn't have to keep saying goodbye.

'DUDE my sleep schedule is already way too messed up, I need to go to bed.' His voice tuned back into the call as he spoke the words, causing me to pout my lips, despite knowing no one could see.

'Just become an ape George, they're nocturnal right?'

I exhaled immediately in another wheeze, my voice straining and cracking as I fell over off my chair again and landed on the ground with a thud, hearing Sapnap stomp in annoyance below me.