END×+Click+×END

tw : graphic descriptions of death

It was late in the day when the trio finally returned home, George happily humming as he floated inside. He did little circles in the air, still feeling oh so very warm.

Sapnap chuckled, closing the door behind him. George could feel his friend's eyes on him as he did his little air spins.

He soon calmed down, gently stepping onto the floor.

"Thank you Dream!" He beamed, leaning against his lover. Dream smiled back towards him, wrapping an arm the best he could around the ghost.

George shivered. Dream was cold.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," Sapnap held his hand up in a wave, nodding towards Dream before going up the stairs. The whoosh of water running through the pipes started up a few moments later.

Turning towards Dream, George smiled. He didn't say anything, just sat there for a bit, studying his face. He could tell by the way Dream's lips were twisted up in a smile and how his eyes twinkled that he was excited about something. What he was looking forwards to so much, George couldn't tell.

As he watched his lover, Dream's face fell under his gaze. In George's silence, he must have thought that George had left to the basement or something. Dream walked away, plopping down on the couch. George followed him, staying silent.

His actions confused George.

George flew down to sit in front of him, being careful not to touch him and alert him to the ghost's presence.

Dream stared at the ground, through him. There was something hard on his face. Something dark.

It frightened George.

He held his head in his hands, shaking, and George wanted to comfort him. He wanted to hold his lover in his hands, ask him what was wrong, and then promise him that it was going to be okay.

Maybe once upon a time, George would have done that with no hesitation.

Not anymore.

Dream was too cold.

The water upstairs turned off.

Dream got up, his face set with a look of determination.

George watched him walk away.

Sometime later, George was sitting in the basement. He was so cold. The warmth from earlier in the day had faded away, a bone-chilling winter settling in him in its place. He shivered, not even having the strength to move. Instead, he focused on Sapnap. His friend had been warm, much warmer than Dream. It was comforting knowing that if Dream had turned to ice at least he had the fire of his best friend.

George looked down at the ground, still frozen with ice from the night before.

A sinking feeling grew in his stomach as he stared at his mark. George needed to find something warm. With this goal in mind, he somehow found the strength to float up and towards Sapnap's room.

On his way there, however, George heard hushed voices. He paused, wondering if he should continue heading to his sleeping friend's room or let his curiosity win over.

George floated towards the voices, his head tilted slightly.

"Clay I swear to god if you-"

"Nick! Can't you see that it has to be done tonight? If I wait any longer I'll lose him!"

George's eyes widened.

They were in the Wrong room, the one that made his stomach twist up into knots whenever he went near.