Chapter 13-What To Do?

Important note: This story is going to be rewritten...Again. There will be updates continuing on from here, so I'll be continuing publishing the upcoming chapters while at the same time rewriting the past chapters. The chapters that will be rewritten will be in 3rd person, along with future chapters. I wanted to try my hand at first person writing, and am not happy with it. So, from now on, chapters will be in 3rd person. You do not have to go back and read the rewritten chapters, none of the events will have changed, it will just be written better in detail and be overall longer and just generally better. Happy reading!

Darcy-Ann sat grudgingly in the kitchen of the Green house with Maggie. After Maggie marched herself over to Darcy-Ann and Daryl's separate camp with the promise of it being just the two of them and maybe Beth in the house, she got Darcy to agree to helping her cook and hang out in the house.

Rick and Shane went out to take the hostage miles out in hopes the boy wouldn't find his way back and lead the group he was in back to the farm.

Darcy sliced a kitchen knife through a piece of chicken. There had been minimal chat between the two women, the way Darcy commonly liked.

"Did Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town?" Maggie inquired.

"Nah," Darcy shook her head. "Only that it got pretty bad out there."

Maggie puts her knife, and Darcy stops her movements, looking up at her. She sniffs.

"He's not the same. Says he froze. Blames me. Says I got inside his head."

Darcy rolled her eyes playfully.

"That's men for you." Darcy smirks at her. "Seriously though, don't let it get inside your head... I don't think Glenn's ever felt like this before. He has no clue what to do with himself and he's panicking. What happened out there, happened out there, ain't one thing you can do about it."

"Things were good and maybe I—"

"Nope. None of that," Darcy shakes her head once more as she interrupts Maggie. She bites into a slice of cucumber Maggie chopped up. "As far as I'm concerned, in this world, you feel how you feel. There's no complications there and there shouldn't be anything holding you back."—Darcy gives her a pointed look—"I just don't think Glenn's figured it out though. But he will. Do you have anything to apologize for?"

She shakes her head with a mm-mmm.

"Great. He'll get himself together soon and everything will be fine for the two of you. Also. Tell anyone I gave you this talk, I'll hunt you down. I don't need these people coming to me for advice. Or anything."

She nods her head with a smile.

"Rick's your baby's father?" she guesses. "You said I'd be the first to know and Rick seemed pretty clued in before the news was leaked so..."

"Yeah," Darcy gave out a humorless chuckle at the situation. "It was... A one night thing that happened and this was the result. How cliche, right?"

It goes quiet again.

"Let me just get this to Beth." Maggie goes to pick a tray of food for Beth.

"I can give it to her," Lori says as she walks into the house. Darcy's mood slightly falls, so much for the promise of being alone.

Darcy nods, addressing her presence as she gives Maggie a smile and walks out the door, going to find Carl.

She walked down to the group's camp. She did not plan on staying long, just long enough to hang with Carl for a bit and then go back to Daryl and her's camp. Andrea stands on the top of the R.V., keeping watch.