Chapter Six

Cristian looked around the old manor for a new place to hide the book. He couldn't risk Amarah taking it again if she came back over. The thought of her coming over again made him blush. But, he quickly shook his head to avoid those thoughts.

He found a hiding spot under a floor board in the room he claimed as his bedroom. Then he glanced at his watch to check the time. Amarah said her shift ended at 7pm and it was 6:35. Time to get ready. He quickly showered and dressed nice but, casually.  He stopped in the mirror and rehursed his goal. "Find out more about Kade." Christian had a strong suspicion he was part of a rouge coven.

.....................

Amarah asked Cristian to meet her at the coffee shop near the library. As Cristian walked in his breath was taken away. Amarah had changed into a beautiful yellow sun dress that perfectly matched her skin tone. Cristian nearly walked back out the door knowing he couldn't stick true to his goal. But, Amarah noticed him and waved so he walked over to the table she was sitting at.

"Hi Cristian." She smiled. Christian enjoyed hearing her say his name. "Hi Amarah. You look beautiful." He told her. She blushed and looked away.  "Since you're new here I order your coffee. I think you'll like what I picked out." She said. Cristian had a feeling he would.

After they recieved their coffees they decided to walk together on the pier. Stars peppered the night sky setting the mood. Amarah told him about her family. She had a sister only a year younger than her and called her Mara. Cristian told her how he ahd an older brother. He joked that he was the handsome one, making Amarah laugh.

Eventually they sat on the pier and swung their legs over. The pier was high enough that their feet just barley skimmed the water sending little ripples through the calm surface. The wind picked up causing Amarah to shiver. Cristian smiled. He was a living heater. He draped an arm over her causing her cheeks to blush. She squirmed and for a minute Cristian thought she was going to move away. But, then she seemed to accept it and relaxed under his arm.

Poor Amarah. Cristian hated knowing  the slightest of what Kade put her though. He could only imagine the rest. Then he remembered. Kade! But, this moment here with Amarah was too good to bring that jerk up. Cristian was starting to not care about figuring Kade out. His curiosity towards Kade was turning into anger and at the moment he only cared for was Amarah.

As they sat on the pier Amarah pointed out star conciliations to Cristian and he gratefully listened and observed. "What conciliation is your favorite?" He asked her. "The big dipper. It's the easiest to find and it always seem to be the first conciliation I see." She answered.

Amarah was a lot more than just a quiet girl. Cristian almost began to wonder why she stuck to herself. But, then he remembered Kade again. This time instead of anger he felt a different feeling.

This feeling rose within him. He felt it rise from his feet and to his heart. And when he looked at Amarah a golden glow surrounded her. He could only think of one explanation.

-I am Cristian Sterling. And the wolf inside me just imprinted on its desired mate-