Chapter 6. Guitar

Tuesday March 28th, 2015
Time : 8:15 am PT

Nat

   I woke up pretty late for the time I usually wake up at, which is around 6:30 am, but whatever.

   I got in the shower and put on some yoga pants and a black "noodle string" shirt. I never wore makeup, I already look good. I decided to put on some socks and combat boots.

I got in the elevator when I heard a sound coming from the lower level. I shrugged and got off when the sound got louder as I approached the main room.

Before I knew it I peaked around the corner and saw Y/n playing an acoustic guitar. I for one didn't know they even had a guitar, or even played the guitar.

Y/n was looking down at the guitar, lost in the music. It sounded beautiful, but I didn't want to disturb the peace.

I went into the kitchen, enjoying the sound of the guitar, it was soothing to say the least. I grabbed an apple and took a bite out of it while watching Y/n play. They were good at it, and it sounded beautiful.

Suddenly they got up and started spinning around with it. I assumed they were feeling the music and the rythm of it. Then I noticed they were in a dinosaur onesie and I almost burst out laughing.

Y/n's tough as shit and they were in a dinosaur onesie right now? I've seen them in it before but never like this, it was hilarious. I kept trying to contain myself when all the sudden they slipped and fell. I ran over to them and they groaned.

"You definitely saw that, didn't you."

"I saw the entire thing, it was beautiful, Y/n/n. That onesie is magnificent by the way."

"Gracias."

"De nada."

Y/n's eyes widened when I said de nada, like I said, Spanish is their favorite language besides English. It's a love language to them.

"I didn't know you knew Spanish."

"I only learned from you, since you speak spanish any chance you get."

"Estoy halagada." Y/n smiled, their dopey face lighting up with joy.

"What?" I was confused, I didn't know that much Spanish.

"It means I am flattered, Tash. I'll try and teach you more spanish another time." They laughed and I helped her up. I knew Spanish from missions to an extent, but that was red room shit, I haven't spoke the language since then.

"I didn't know you could play the guitar, Y/n/n."

"There's a lot you don't know about me." Y/n sat back down and started stroking the cords gently.

"Like what?"

"You'll find out another time."

"Lucky me."

"Yup lucky you." We shared a laugh and I sat down opposite of her.

"What song do you want me to play?"

"You know the song Take Me To Church?"

"Yes, I do. I can play that."

I watched Y/n as they started playing, swiftly moving their fingers on the cords to hit the correct notes. I watched in awe as they hit the notes correctly. It sounded beautiful. No, that's an understatement. No words can describe how good it sounded.

I continued to watch until she finished and put the guitar aside, and rubbed her eyes.

"Didn't sleep, didn't you?" I asked, already knowing they didn't. Y/n's got a shitty case of insomnia, melatonin can't knock them out sometimes.

"Nope, not an ounce." Y/n replied

"I see, I slept in for once."

"I noticed." Y/n said and smiled at me. I grinned and looked at their light grey eyes, they were beautiful.

"Wanna learn how to play the guitar?"

"Why not."

Y/n

I started teaching Nat the basic cords for the guitar, guiding her with a spare guitar I had that had a broken string, I didn't mind though.
"So then you want to move your fingers onto different levels of the string to change the pitch."

I showed her on my guitar, which she copied.
"Nice, you're slowly getting it."

"No I suck at it, don't try to baby me"

"Tash I'm serious you're soing better than Thor when I tried teaching him. You're better than most of the kids I've teached."

"Whatever Y/n/n I know you're lying" She looked down.

"Natasha." I lifted her chin up with my finger. She kept her eyes away from mine.

"Look at me." Her emerald green eyes slowly meeting my light grey ones.

"When I tell you that you're doing good, you are doing good. I never lie, do I now?" I smiled and she kept her eyes on me after I removed my finger from her chin. She smiled at me and laughed some.

"You're right, you don't lie. You're probably the honest person I know. Besides me forcing you to lie currently."

"That's an exception."

She laughed and put the guitar down when Alex suddenly entered the room.