Chapter 18. Family

Y/n

Clint and I walked into the small room where Agent Hill and Fury where. I took a seat and Hill slid me a file. I looked over it, Clint looking over my shoulder.

"So when do we leave?"

"Quinjet will be ready by 6 am. It's a month long mission. Romanoff will be joining you a week after hers." Maria smiled. I knew she'd pull through for me.

"Fury you want just the two, well three of us to take down a whole Hydra base, that's a joke right?"

"Agent Romanoff is on her own mission, then she will join you. You and Agent Barton can handle it. I don't see why you can't."

"Fury I have to side with the kid on this one.  It's too risky."

"I wasn't asking if you were scared Barton. You're doing the mission"

"Nick they're right, the facility is huge and they need more help. Maybe Captain Rogers could come."

"Agent Hill enough, all of you. You're doing it that's final."

I was about to protest again when Clint took the file and me out of the room. I huffed as agents looked and me and started whispering. Clint saw this and grabbed the male agent by the jacket.

"You got an issue pal?"

"It's just that they look like a cripple, how is that not embarrassing?" He gave Clint a smirk.

     "Barton let him go, you two morons in my room now." I spun on my heels and saw Fury giving them the death stare. Both of the agents turned a ghostly pale color and Clint shoved the guy aside and the female grabbed him.

We watched as they shuffled into the room and heard shouting via Maria Hill and Fury. Clint wrapped his arm around me and we both walked out smiling.

We got into his truck and headed back to the compound. A month away, seriously?

"So you excited to go to Herefordshire?" Clint looked over at me.

"I'd rather go to Australia than the United Kingdom. Nothing against the country, just miss it."

"You'll have to take me some time kid.
The stories from there are too good to be true."

"One day I will."

"Hey can we stop by Laura's? I wanna make sure Nate, Coop, and Lila are okay."

"I scoffed, he was clearly missing them. How cute.

"I don't care I miss them too."

After two hours of driving we made it to their home. I call it a ranch but it's whatever.

"Honey?" Clint looked around and Laura appeared.

"Hey how are you?" Laura hugged Clint. I stayed in the corner. I wasn't used to family, something I personally would probably never get used to. Laura and Clint kept talking when I hears a stampede of footsteps. It was Lila, Cooper, and Nathaniel's feet.

"Dad!" All three of them ran up to him, Clint lifted Nathaniel up and Lila and Cooper hugged his waist and his legs.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat or Y/n/n?"
Lila looked up at him.

"Turn around and you might find out." I was leant against the wall, giving off my signature dopey smile.

"Y/n/n!" Lila ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I hesitantly patted her head. Laura offered me a sympathetic look, as did Clint. They both knew I wasn't the biggest fan of being hugged, but I allowed it. Like I said, family is something I'm not used to.