Chapter 21.

Chapter 21 ━━ Drunken Kisses

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Subsequently they escape the building, Brenda stops by a trash dumpster, tearing off a strip of cloth when she discovers that the Gone Crank bit her while falling out of the building. 

"Shit. Brenda…" Thomas trails off, analyzing the wound. 

"It looks worse." Katherine comments. 

"Yeah, yeah. I know." Brenda asserts and covers her wound with the cloth before getting on her feet. "Let's just go find Marcus." 

The twins agree before they make it to an area with non-infected, healthy people roaming around the streets. 

"Try to blend in." Brenda tells the twins as they walk forward to finally end up in a large white building. 

"Are you sure this is the place?" Thomas asks. 

"You here for the party?" An unfamiliar voice approaches behind them and Katherine looks over her shoulder to face a tall, blonde woman. Her eyes dart across the three teenagers and stop at Katherine. 

"No. We're looking for Marcus." Brenda replies. "This is his place, isn't it?" 

"This is my place." A voice behind them gains their attention. They turn around to face a middle-aged, blond man in a suit. 

"Are you Marcus?" Thomas inquires. 

"Marcus doesn't live here anymore." The man answers. 

Katherine raises her eyebrow at the man. "Do you know where we can find him?" 

"Sure, sure. He's over in Zone B." 

"Okay. What's Zone B?" Thomas asks as the blonde woman twirls Katherine's dark brown locks before tracing her fingers down her spiral code, making her shiver. 

"It's where they burn the bodies." 

"Okay, look, has anyone else been by here… looking for him? Group of kids around our age?" Katherine gulps and ignores the woman as she continues to taunt her. 

"They had a girl with them. Dark hair. You know…" Thomas trails off, adding at the end. 

The man places a couple of fingers against his large forehead, thinking. 

"I think they might be inside." He points to the entrance of a tent and hands over a bottle of liquor. "Here. Drink this." 

Thomas stares at the bottle with a suspicious look. "What is it?" 

"The price of admission. Drink it!" 

Brenda drinks first, then Thomas and Katherine are forced to down a long sip by the blonde woman.