Chapter 24.

Chapter 24 ━━ He Prefer Boys

━━━━━━━━☆★☆━━━━━━━━

Katherine pushes the fabric of the tent to get attacked by Jorge's tight hug.

"Hermano. If anything were to happen to her, I..."

"We know, we know." Katherine smiles, patting on his shoulder as he embraces Thomas.

"You should get in there. Go talk to her." Thomas suggests.

Jorge instantly nods and moves the fabric aside to walk in, but stops to look at the twins again.

"I guess I owe you both, now." Jorge grins before he disappears into the tent.

Katherine chuckles and turns to Thomas. "This is great. The freedom."

"It is." He smiles sincerely. "Let's find the guys now, shall we?"

"Only if you give me a piggyback ride." Without any warning, she jumps into his back.

Thomas almost falls to the ground with Katherine's sudden weight on his back but manages to balance in the last second as his hands hold her thighs that are tightly wrapped around his waist while her arms around his neck. "I didn't say yes."

"Oopsie-daisy." She smiles innocently and shrugs nonetheless. "I didn't ask your permission anyway. You kinda owe me this, bro."

"How do I owe you anyway?" Thomas asks as he notices his friends sitting at a higher point of the camp, talking.

"You ran your butt off ditching me with the Gladers on the first day of the shit of a maze." Katherine points out. "Gotta say, that was an ugly move. Even for you, bro."

"Hey!" Thomas exclaims, jokingly. "I thought we talked about this before."

Katherine shrugs, dramatically as she does her best to hide the smile reaching her eyes. "We did. But I'm not done about it yet."

"I see." Thomas chuckles. "How's you and Newt?"

"It's complicated." She blurts.

"Complicated?"

Katherine sighs as the feeling of guilt floods into her again and again. "I kissed a woman at the party."

"So you feel guilty?"

"Yep. It sucks."

"You should talk to him." He suggests. "You were drunk. He will understand. If not, it's his loss."

"Hey, monkey." Frypan greets Katherine as they reach up to the small group with Frypan, Minho and Newt.

"Hey, Fry." She slides off of Thomas's back and plops next to Minho, relaxing herself. Thomas drops himself beside his sister.