𝟏𝟑

"Yeah something like that, Bobby said the virus has been sort of dormant inside her and she may have led a life where she was unwell quite often not knowing why and it was the need for blood growing and after being bitten she will most likely start to change but we don't know into what yet. There is the small possibility that she was born with some sort of immunity, Bobby has heard of cases like this before" said Sam.

 "Okay so all we can really do is to sit back and hope for the best?" said Dean. "Yeah pretty much but there is no better person to be helping out than Bobby, you know that Dean and if anyone is gonna find something useful, it's gonna be him" said Sam. 

"Yeah Sammy I know that, I'm not doubting him I just..I just feel like I can't do anything to help, like I am just sitting here waiting for bad news" said Dean. 

"You and me both Dean, I know a lot of stuff and I'm always researching something but this...it just feels like I am going around in circles finding the same useless information just in different areas" said Sam. 

The brothers sat quiet for a few moments, both with confused expressions until Dean leaned back in his chair and sighed.

 The phone rang and because they were both totally lost in thought it startled them. "Yup Bobby, please tell me some good news" said Sam.

 He spent a few minutes listening with the occasional nod or a concerned "mmhhm". The phone call went on between Sam and Bobby for about ten minutes. 

"Yup we'll see you in an hour Bobby and thanks" Sam said before hanging up.

 "Bobby found the person who was there when Emma was born, a nurse who helped deliver and the nurse who ran the tests and got the results for the doctor who delivered the baby.

 The doctor died a few years ago but the nurse is willing to meet with us and she lives about an hour from here" said Sam with a smile. 

"What the hell are we waiting for, let's tell Emma and hit the road" said Dean.

 "Uh Bobby wants to talk to us alone Dean, I'm sure Emma will be fine til we get back after all we may have some good news" said Sam. "Yeah of course, I know that Sam I just meant we gotta tell her we're leaving and we may have some news. That's all" said Dean as he walked down the hall.

"We gotta step out for a bit but we shouldn't be too long, we may have some news about this situation" Sam said to Emma as the brothers were getting ready to leave.

 "Shouldn't I come? I mean won't it be better if I'm there to answer any questions Bobby may have? I asked. 

"That's a good idea Emma but for now we don't know what's going on so it's probably better for you to stay here, just for now but don't worry we'll keep in touch every step of the way. You won't be in the dark about anything, I promise." said Dean.

 "Okay, your right but don't forget, every step of the way" I said. They looked at each other then nodded, I had the feeling that something was a bit off, like they weren't being totally one hundred percent honest but it was okay because they were going out of there way for me.

 They haven't been out on a hunting trip in over a week and it was because of me, even Jeff and Jerry had to go out and find something to kill.

 Dean pulled me to the side and said he was sorry for not taking me but he really felt that it would be better for me to be here right now so as usual I agreed. I gave him a long kiss and afterwards he gave me that Dean Winchester smile, the way that only he can with those oh so cute dimples and beautiful pearly whites. "You take care out there and please call me as soon as you hear something and Sam, if he doesn't then I want you to call me okay" I said.

 "You got it, take care you two, we'll see you in few hours" said Sam. They gave Denver and me a hopeful smile and walked out, I stood out on the porch watching them until I could no longer see the tail lights. "So, you think they found something?" asked Denver. 

"Yes as a matter of fact I do, it was so not like them at all to just leave so suddenly and it seemed like they weren't saying something" I said. I decided to take a shower and Denver wanted to watch a movie with some of her famous margaritas.

 It sounded like heaven, a girls night in is just what she and I needed so afterward I got into some pj's and flopped on the couch. During the movie I began to feel a bit ill, it felt like I was coming down with something. I began to feel weak and my head was beginning to throb. 

"Awe maybe you should just go and lie down instead, I'll be fine out here and I'll let you know if they call anyway. Come on, I'll help you to bed" said Denver as she helped me up and to my room. "I think I really like him, he makes me feel like there's hope like everything is normal and we're just regular people" I said as Denver was covering me up. "He seems like a really good guy Em, I hope everything works out for you, I really do" she said as she leaned down and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Now hush and get some rest, night Em" she said as she walked out.

It was running through the forest, I could hear the heavy breathing and feel the strength as we ran in unison through tall grass and then straight to the bank of a river. The moon was high and bright, the night air felt cool against my hot skin, I had an incredible thirst so I leaned forward to take a sip and paused. The face I saw wasn't my own, it was a werewolf. 

Huge with black eyes staring back at me and in my head I screamed but the sound that escaped my lips was a horrifyingly loud howl

The brothers were flying down a dirt road, music by the "Scorpions" played loudly through the speakers. Dust was forming a wall behind the black Impala as it cruised, there were no lights for miles in either direction. 

The road was theirs for that night, life was back to normal and hunting things was their only priority if only for a brief time. 

They were just Sam and Dean Winchester, hunters out looking for some evil to dispose of. Sam reached over and turned the music low. "Bobby, yup we should be almost there maybe fifteen minutes out. Yeah okay, we'll see you there" said Sam as he ended the call. 

"Bobby's already there waiting on us, uh he said to tell you it hasn't been that long since you drove so hurry your ass up" said Sam with a laugh. "Oh that's real funny, he lives like what? Half hour from the place" said Dean.

 Sam laughed again and opened up a road map. Dean took out his phone, looked at it for a second but put it back in his jacket pocket.

 "I'm sure things are fine, if not Denver is a smart hunter she would handle the situation or they will call us at the first sign of trouble, Emma is in good hands" said Sam. 

"It's not Emma that I'm worried about, I just..I've just been doing a lot of thinking about it and sometimes I get the feeling that something is going on with her and she's not being totally honest about it" said Dean. 

"Yeah, I caught that a couple times but you don't think that she's changing? Do you?" said Sam. "I don't know Sammy but I keep getting this feeling like it's gonna go bad and I am fighting it like hell. I don't want anything bad to happen to her, she's...she's special, you know and I refuse to believe that we've been through all this hell this past year for nothing" said Dean. 

"I get that Dean, I really do and I've had those thoughts myself before about someone, that maybe we get a shot at some kinda happiness or at least maybe even have someone to hunt with but I think it's up to us to be willing to take that risk knowing that either one of us won't make it home one day" said Sam.