Birthday Part 2 !!NSFW!!

Jean's POV:

"Are you okay with that?" I looked towards Marco while we were walking, his hand in mine.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous is all. I want to get along with her because she's your mom, but what if she doesn't-"

"Marco," I cut him off, shutting him up from overthinking. "It's going to be okay, she's my mom," I squeezed his hand to calm him down.

He nodded, looking forward again and at the ground as we continued to walk. Because she wasn't far from where we stayed, we were there within five minutes.

I knocked on the door, letting Marco's hand go as we walked in, not waiting for a invitation because I do technically still live there. Her house is registered under my permanent address with the military.

"Momma?" I called, she should be awake, it's mid-morning. Marco and I didn't wake up early at all.

"Jean!" She smiled, coming to greet us at the door. "How did you sleep?" She asked, grabbing onto my jacket and straightening it out for me.

"I slept fine, and you?"

"I couldn't sleep, I was too excited to see you and Marco," she smiled, letting go of the jacket I was wearing. "Your hair is getting long, I should cut it for you."

"No, that's okay, thank you," I laughed, walking back and standing next to Marco. I feel bad that he's just been standing in the background. "I like it long."

"Oh, okay," she smiled again, now walking to Marco. "I never got a good look at you," she brought her hand up and pinched his cheek, where he had almost no reaction to it. "You're such a cutie."

"Mom, he looks uncomfortable," I smiled, placing my hand on his upper back, "don't embarrass him."

She closed her eyes with a big smile, "I'm sorry, dear, I can get carried away sometimes. How about some breakfast? I made your favorite, Jean!"

"You made my omelets? For Marco and I?"

"The same recipe you've always loved!" She moved out of the way so I could lead Marco to the kitchen table, the perfect dish awaiting me.

"Marco, you're going to love it, I swear," I grew excited, it's been a long time since I've had this.

We sat down around the table, picking up the fork and taking a bite, instantly going to cloud nine.

It's been a while since I've had home cooking, most of the meals I ate were bread, oatmeal, or those protein crackers that the military handed out for rations. Nothing with flavor. Even with the sea and endless possibilities of food, the only time we really ate that was for special occasions. Or when Niccolo was on base with us, but Hange moved him to a restaurant to serve the higher ranks.

I indulged in the flavor, loving every bite of it. I've come to the realization that seeing my mom isn't embarrassing. I remember after training when she came to visit me when I was 16, and I found it to be one of the most humiliating things. But after not seeing her for years, it became clear to me that not everyone gets to see their moms. Not everyone has a mom or a family anymore. Or, their moms don't get to see their children.

Seeing my mom and calling her 'momma' in front of people isn't embarrassing. It's a blessing that I'm still able to do it.

"So, Marco, why are you in the Scouts?" My mom spoke from across the table, taking me from my thoughts.

"Oh," he finished swallowing the bite he had just taken, "I was originally in the Military Police. But I found that I wanted to be somewhere else, using my training for the sake of humanity."