Visit

Jean's POV:

A few days had past since that night.  Marco had yet again stayed the night with me, the only time since a few days ago because we had been busy.  

"Jean?"  Marco's soft voice mumbled, moving his head to look at me, compromising our cuddling position.  I was holding him with his back to my chest.  

"Yeah?"  I had been awake for a while now, just holding Marco and waiting for him to wake up.  Nothing was wrong, we had just gone to sleep early from being exhausted from an attack yesterday.  

"I was thinking about something before we were dating..."  

"What is it, babe?"  

"Do you remember before I was in the Scouts and I had to come talk to the commander?"  He paused, now looking away, "And when you overslept because you were dreaming about something?"  My face grew red, knowing exactly what he was going to ask.  "What was that dream about?"

"Are you talking about what I think you're talking about?"  I remembered this dream vividly, wanting it to become a reality.  Before I knew it, it did.  The pace of it in my dream was a lot more rough and need.  When it became true, it was more sensual and loving.  

"Y-yes," he cleared his throat, turning his back up against me again to hide his face from me.  Why do you have to be so damned adorable?  

"Well, you see," I chuckled nervously, hoping he didn't think it was weird or disgusting that I had a dream like that before we were even a thing, "it was a dream about you."  

"What... what were we doing?"  

I leaned in and nibbled on the lobe of his ear, pulling his back closer to me by snaking my hands around his waist again.  I whispered, "I think you know~"  I felt him shift under my touch, not knowing if it was a good or bad reaction.  I loosened my grip, pulling my face away from him and resting it on the pillow again.  "I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable, I know it's weird to say..."

"I don't mind," he stumbled over his words, pulling his hands up to his face.  "Does that mean you've liked me for a while now?"  

I chuckled softly at his reaction, "Yes.  I have for years, Marco." 

"Me too, Jean."  

I allowed my smile to grow wide at his words, placing a few soft kisses on the back of his neck.  

We had skipped breakfast just to stay like this, it was too warm in each others arms to leave.  I knew I had a shift on post mid-morning and it was coming up too quickly.  Even after my shift, I couldn't return to this because Marco had his shift, and then we both have gear checks and cleaning for the rest of the night. 

Not to mention, ever since the scouting simulation a few days ago, Titans have been showing up more recently.  But because we have members on post in multiple spots outside the camp, the only thing I've seen is a few flare signals, letting us know there's a Titan, and soon after letting us know that it's been terminated.  

"Jean, you should go get your gear and start heading up soon..."  

"I don't want to," I mumbled, my eyes closed as I tightened my arms around his waist.  "It's too nice here with you."  

"Jean, you're going to get in trouble if you don't show up to your shift, you have to go."  

"Let me get in trouble, we haven't had time like this here for a while.  The last time we did it was for my birthday..."

He grabbed my arm and pried it off, leaving my grasp and sitting up.  "Get up, we'll have time to do this again soon."  

"You can't promise that, things are unpredictable," I muttered, sitting up and stretching my arms.