Chapter Two- Asshole is taking over.

~Serenity's point of view~

Today is one of the rare days that I'm exhausted. I am generally ready to go. Some days I just want to crash. Today is that day.

I didn't need this today. I have that private party tonight; My Dunkin' Donuts didn't do it. I stop by the quick mart and grab four Cherry Coke energy drinks; I drink one immediately. I put the other three in the fridge when I get to work.

I'm at my desk for a while when my dad appears.

Dasher: "Morning, Sunshine."

Serenity: "Morning, Dad."

Dasher: "I need a favor."

Serenity: "What's that?"

Dasher: "Betty is out today, and I have a meeting with Trevin Chambers again."

Serenity: "Ok."

Dasher: "I need you to sit in on the meeting."

Serenity: "Ok."

Dasher: "Just come up with him when he gets here."

Serenity: "Ok."

I get up and go to the break room. 

I go back to my desk.

I'm downing my second energy drink as Mr. Chambers walks in.

Serenity: "Hello."

Trevin: "Hello. Rough night?"

He's wearing a polo and jeans. Tight jeans. My center is immediately drenched.

Serenity: "Excuse me?"

Trevin: "You just drank that whole thing in one drink."

Serenity: "I didn't sleep well."

I lie.

Serenity: "I'd normally tell you to go ahead and go up, but I'm tagging along today."

He doesn't say anything. I stand up and walk towards the elevator; I can feel his eyes on me.

We step into the elevator. He has an arrogance about him that is not attractive. He's old enough to be my dad anyway. I'll play with the girls. I am very selective of my men; I've only been with two. I was in a serious relationship with both.

Trevin: "Maybe you shouldn't party so hard when you have work the next day."

I wish I were partying. I ignore him. I have no reason to explain myself to this jackass.

We get to my dad's office. The way his office is positioned, Mr. Chambers and I are very close together. Every time he moves, he touches me. I try not to move, but it's hard to do when I have to write shit down. I'm also left-handed. I touch his arm every single time.

That was the longest hour ever. I just about ran to the elevator when we were done. I was not only frustrated with the closeness; my dad dropped a bombshell as well. He stopped it before the door shut. He slides in. I slide as far away as possible.

He may be extremely attractive, but he is an ass. Men like him are the reason I like my tacos. I go to the break room as soon as we step off the elevator. I go to open the fridge it gets pushed shut. I turn to look at him.