14十四 Shisui's Death Sentence

"Who...Who are you?!" He managed to ask trying to puzzle things out.

The man in the cloak smirk as he lowers his head gradually. "I am you," he lifts his head showing him his face as well. "I am you, Sasuke. We share the same identity."

"What?!" His heart throbs with a sudden revelation.

What on earth is happening?!

"Do you want to die?!" His tone is threatening.

"No," Sasuke in the cloak responds. "Let's change the setting." In just a wink, both found themselves sitting on the shore. The sun is about to set making the atmosphere gloomy and dramatic but at the same time, peaceful.

The Third Prince runs his vision around trying to find Daichi's trace but to no avail. What is going on? Who is this man? Why does he look exactly like him?

 "You! Where is this place?!"

"In my genjutsu."

"Genju what?"

Hush and the only noise is the endless sea waves hitting the coast.

"I'm Sasuke from Konoha. I am you from another timeline," his vision fixed on the beautiful shade of sun rays.

The Third Prince remains hushed. Now, he's curious, or perhaps in between confused and curious. They let the deafening background of the sea waves rule the atmosphere between them. It's like an endless loop of nothingness.

"Hinata is my wife in my world."

Sasuke from this timeline look at him. He gave him the 'what' look. "I hate deceptions," he threatened Sasuke from Konoha.

"I'm not lying," he exhaled heavily as if he's letting out something painful he constantly buries deep down.

"And you expect me to believe you instantly."

"I don't."

The man in his cloak lowers his gaze trying to calm himself. "I lost her."

The Third Prince looks at him with probing vision. "Lost her?" He asks and he won't deny the pain and regrets in the man's eyes.

"Long story."

Sasuke looked away, ashamed. He doesn't want to show he's curious about Hinata or something related to her. It's just, upsetting. But why? Didn't he confess he doesn't love her yet? Why is he eager to know more about that woman?

That's right, he's just using that paled eyes. She's profitable by any means. One reason? She's Neji's beloved sister and that man is the General that controls Nihon's stable military defense. Yes, he will just use her and nothing else.

Nothing else.

"Stop fooling yourself, Sasuke. I'm risking myself although I knew if I'll interfere, I might change something."

"What are you talking about?"

The man in the cloak curve a beam of contentment. "The rest might understand me or not even half of them. But I fell in love with her. I was foolish, yes. But I love her."

Tragic for his tears suddenly fell which made the Third Prince's forehead twitch. He's left hanging in uncertainty. What happened between this Sasuke and Hinata from another timeline?

"I've used a trick to see the other me in another world," he looks at the tragic shade of the sun wearing his sadness and regrets. "I made a promise and I am fulfilling them now."

"What promise?"

"Maybe, in my world, I lost the chance to keep her because I came too late and she's already..." He paused for he felt disoriented. "I might not be able to hold her the way I did but you have the chance and I'm grabbing it now."