⤉11⤉

"I will get to the bottom of this and all you're dirty secrets."

[The next day, at school]

"Doyun.." Jinsi tells me, "whats wrong?"

"it's nothing." I smile at her, "why?"

"I know you're not okay, Doyun." she tells me, "whats wrong?"

"The truth is.." I say, holding back my tears, "I've been...cheated on."

"cheated on?" she asks.

"Changbin... has fallen out of love." I pull on a fake smile, tears holding back.

"when did he..?" she asks.

"yesterday." I laugh, trying to escape reality, "Why does this all feel...like a dream? like I wished he was just pulling some cruel prank on me?"

"it's okay, Doyun." she says, "you'll find someone better."

"if this is what love is like... I don't want it." I tell her, "it feels terrible."

"have you talked to Hyunjin about this?" she asks.

"I don't want to hear about Hyunjin." I say, "I want Changbin."

"but you can't have him-"

"I know." I smile, "I know. I took him for granted. I should've loved him when I had the moment."

"Doyun.." she pouts.

"he's seeing someone new." I say, "she's probably better than me."

"Doyun don't-"

"I need to go." I say, "I don't feel okay."

I get up and head to the rooftop for fresh air, just standing there, feeling too many emotions at once.

"why is this happening?" I ask myself, "why, what did I do?"

"I haven't even been talking to Hyunjin." I say, "thats probably a loss of a friend too."

"You'll never lose me."

I turn around and see Hyunjin and he looks into my eyes.

"Hyunjin-"

"whats wrong?" he asks, "who's crushed your candy cane?"

"it's nothing-"

"stop lying." he tells me, "I've already had enough of your 'I'm fine's and 'I'm okay's. keeping it inside will only make it worse."

"it's really no-"

"did you just hear me or not?" he asks, "I don't care if you feel like your using me as your little plushie. I'm the shoulder you'll always be welcome to cry on."

"Well..." I say, "will you really be there to listen to every moment?"

"yes." he says, "I promise."

"okay." I say, "it's Changbin...it's everyone."

"Whats wrong with Changbin?" he asks.

"He said he's...." I say, letting in a deep breathe, "He's fallen out of love with me."

"Doyun.." he says, "thats.."

"I know. it's unreasonable for me to be sad." I say, "people have it worse."

"what else is wrong?" he asks, "I'm not here to judge you, I'm here to comfort you."

"Well..." I say, "I'm distancing from...you."