15

Melanie Jones

As we are waiting for the nurses to let us know when we can see tae, me and nova are pacing around the hospital seating lounge.

" Can y'all sit df down, making me fucking nervous." Zy'kon said.

" It's been over an hour, shouldn't he be outta surgery already?" I asked.

" Surgery can take longer than that Melanie. We don't een know how many time he got shot so we can't rush the process." Zy'kon informed me.

" Why would someone shoot him anyways? He don't do shit." Nova said.

My phone started ta ring and I already knew who it was. I went outside and answered the call.

" Melanie, where you at?" Quan asked.

" The hospital."

" Who there withchu?" He asked.

" Zy'kon, Damar, and Nova."

" Melanie gtf away from Damar. He's gonna hurt you." Quan said.

" Whatchu talking bout?"

" Damar shot Tae, ion want you near him." He said.

" Quan, Damar didn't shoot Tae. He was with us the whole time."

" You gotta believe me Melanie, c'mon mane." Quan said.

" No Quan, that's the dumbest shit ever. He was with us the whole time, stop tryna make me go against him." I said.

" Melanie sp fucking stupid rn, youn know what's going on, listen ta what i'm telling you!" Quan demanded.

" Bye Quan, ion have time for this." I said as I hung up and went back inside.

I seen a nurse talking ta the group.

" You guys can now see him, he's made it outta surgery." The nurse said. " Room 208" She continued.

We all ran to his room and seen him laying there. He looked so lifeless. We seen a nurse in the room, but just ignored it. I sat in the chair closest to him, as nova did the same.

" Is anything damaged? His spine or anything?" I asked the nurse.

" No, he's completely fine. He's not paralyzed or anything. He will be in here for about a week, and the wounds will heal in within 10 days. He will be given pain killers." She said.

I nodded and she walked out the room.

" Baby i'm so glad your okay. We gon find out who did this to you, i promise." Nova said as she held his hand.

" She's right, we ain't no killa's but they gon pay for what they did ta you. Karma's a bitch." I said.

" We gon be witchu da whole way out lil bro." Zy'kon said.

I looked at Damar and he was looking out the door.

" Ima go." Damar said.