Child's play

Seven wasn't fully awake. He just felt himself being carried on Mono's back as they walked in buildings.

Seven yawned and nuzzled his face in Mono's fluffy hair. He felt Mono laugh as he readjusted Seven so he could hold on better. Seven yelped and held on tightly to Mono's coat.

"Well, that's one way to get you up." Mono said while laughing.

"Ha ha funny funny..." Seven said hiding his face in Mono's hair.

Mono tapped Seven's leg with his finger to say he was putting him down. Seven made a noise that signaled he didn't want to be put down but he still stepped down willingly.

Mono turned to Seven and brushed a few strands of hair away from his face. "You know you're really pretty."

Seven blinked and his face flushed a bright red. "Please don't tease me..."

"Why would I tease you? You're beautiful."

Seven was ready to die. That's all he wanted to hear! He mentally screamed for some higher power just to end him right there so he could die happy.

Mono laughed at Seven's aloof face. "Come on we have to get through this zone quickly."

Seven, still not out of his stupor, just nodded and let Mono guide him along.

Mono not wanting to be split up from Seven, even if it was for a moment, broke down a few walls with his powers. They landed safely on the ground and walked over to a large chain link fence. Mono stopped and turned to Seven once again. "This place is extremely dangerous. Stay out of sight and don't make any noise, okay?"

Seven nodded. "Stay secret, stay hidden, stay safe."

Mono looked at Seven with an confused expression. "Where'd you come up with that?"

Seven looked sad for a moment before answering. "Eight used to tell me that when I got a little too close to danger when I was smaller... she was always so mature for her age and knew the danger we were in. I didn't until I almost died one day, then I realized that the Maw wasn't a place that was safe."

Mono smiled and gently took Seven's hand. They entered the playground and climbed a rope into a window that lead to an empty hallway.

Seven felt danger as soon as his feet hit the floor. He immediately moved behind Mono and followed him closely through the illuminated hallway.

Mono grabbed a book and Seven was about to grab something too when he saw Mono throw the book at the creepy painting on the wall. To Seven's surprise there was a hole in the wall and Mono jumped through and disappeared from his sight.

Seven yelped and tried jumping to reach the ledge but was too small. "Mono! Are you still there?!"

Mono popped his head out of the hole and looked down at Seven. "Need help..?" He said with amusement. Seven nodded quickly and Mono extended his hand down to him. Seven jumped to grab Mono's hand and he was pulled up.

Mono laughed as Seven collapsed on him as he came in. "You're really afraid of this place, aren't you?"

"You aren't?!" Seven shouted.

"I would be even more afraid if I was alone, but if I'm here with you then I know I have nothing to fear."

Seven made a small noise and hid his face in Mono's coat for a moment before standing with Mono and jumping down another hole... this time it was in the floor.

Mono waves Seven to come down and they walked along the pathways ducking and going between things. Mono climbed in a vent and Seven followed shortly after.