Stay hidden

Mono followed Veronica through the seemingly desolate halls of the rundown school.

She was surprisingly agile for someone her size and Mono was just as and maybe even more agile since he knew his way around. He surprised her.

"Have you been around here before?" Veronica asked suddenly.

Mono thought for a second about the countless times he'd been through the school before answering. "Yes, I have... once..."

"And you got out?!" She asked surprised.

"Yeah, I'm here with you aren't I?" Mono said with a laugh.

She laughed as well. "I guess that was a pretty stupid question."

"No." He replied. "A question is said because you're curious. No question is stupid it's just the person is curious."

She smiled brightly. "You know, you're the first person that I have talked to who hasn't tried to kill me. It's nice..."

Mono knew what she meant because he'd been through it too. "I understand. The person I'm trying to find is the first nice person that I've ever met. He's been by my side the whole time... so I have to find him."

"Lucky for you... we're here." Mono looked to see a dirty broken door. "We need to be careful. I was their favorite pass time so they'll be looking for me and probably looking for you."

Mono nodded and crouched in the shadows. Having a dark color scheme comes in handy at some points.

He made it to the door and crawled through one of the large holes in it, Veronica following close behind. He looked around and saw bodies of dead bullies everywhere... it was almost like this place was a fight club. In Mono's looking around, he spotted a blue sweater amongst the destruction. He slowly made his way over to the only bit of color that wasn't black or white and let out a barely audible gasp.

Seven was laying limply on the ground as if he was dead, his hair that was usually fluffy was now covered in a slick liquid. Mono hoped it wasn't what he thought it was... he pulled Seven into a loose but firm embrace. "Please Seven... wake up for me."

Seven didn't respond at first... but soon let out a weak cough that made Mono's heart stop for a moment. "M-Mono..?" He asked shakily.

"Yeah, it's me Sev. I'm right here." Mono whispered as to not cause a disturbance.

"They... trap...ed... you..." Seven said as he winced.

Mono looked around and called Veronica over to him. She rushed over and began to check on Seven as well. "We need to get him out of here."

"I know I know... but Seven said that they trapped us." Mono said taking off his coat and giving it to Seven.

Veronica looked around to see if she spot anyone but couldn't see anything. "Are you sure?"

"Seven hasn't lied to me yet." Mono responded as he held Seven closely.

"I know a secret tunnel that can get us to a vent that leads outside." Veronica said quickly.

"Lead the way." Mono said readjusting Seven in his arms.

She lead them around the edges as to not get spotted. Mono was most definitely grateful for it as they needed to get out of there without much of a problem...

Seven whimpered at any sudden jerks or movements as they aggravated his wounds, and this made Mono's heart break and his mind fume in anger.