Madelaine 2

I walk into the party along with some others who look much more rich than I do.
I quickly walk to a corner where I don't get as much attention. Everyone here seems so in their element, but I feel so out of place.
Some guards play trumpets announcing the entrance of the royal family. They all walk down the stairs gracefully.
I look down at my dress as a distraction. Suddenly, the room feels like it's ten degrees hotter. I look up to see Shadow. That explains it. Him and his frikin fire powers.
"You look great," he says. "You saw me earlier." "Well am I not allowed to say it again?" he says rudely.
"No sir." I say. I turn around and walk away from him having had enough.
"Wait, I'm sorry. Want to dance?". I glare at him. "Fine".
He takes my hand in his very hot hands. "Ow" I say flinching away, "Sorry, I'm nervous." "This is your ball though."
He sighs, "You make me nervous."
I don't say anything in response. He takes my hand again, this time a little cooler. He walks me out onto the floor and slides his arm around my waist. The warmth of his body makes me shiver a little.
"Are you cold?" He asks me concerningly. "I'm fine."
He warms his body using his powers making me want to snuggle into his warm chest. "Thanks" I say.
I give into the warmth and lay my head on his chest. He flinches a little, but moves his other hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him.
I've never had a connection with someone like this before. I feel so safe with him.
"Wanna get some air?" "Please."
He lets go of me, and we walk out the front doors onto a lit patio and sit on the porch swing. "I think I'm connected to you Madelaine."
I blush, and stare into his passionate, hopeful, red eyes and say, "I know I'm connected to you."
He smiles and scoots closer to me on the swing. He lays his arm around me. I lean into his shoulder, and close my eyes.
When I wake up Shadow says, "Hey beautiful." "Hey".
I couldn't compose myself any longer. I lean back and kiss him gently and slowly. He kisses me back and tucks my hair behind my ear.
He pulls away, out of breath. "You are one too look out for," we laugh.
He pulls me up from my chair never letting go of my hand.
    I yawn, and he picks me up bridal style. Heat comes off of his body making me melt into his arms.