◇Chapter Thirteen◇

Jaren

Why did he apologize?

What was he even apologizing for?

Did I do something wrong?

Oh god, I probably did! Knowing me as well as I do I could've done something to upset him in which would explain why he's apologizing: because he doesn't want to talk to me anymore.

I completely understand why he wouldn't want to talk to me though. I mean come on, why would anyone want to talk to me?

"Jaren!" A voice calls, bringing me back to the real world as I whip my head in all directions only to spot my one and only friend Anthony, waving his hand frantically in front of my face.

"Oh will you stop that," I grumbled  while grabbing his hand and pushing it away from my face.

"I had to get your attention somehow," he replies while rolling his eyes and shrugging his bags higher up his shoulder so it wouldn't fall.

"Sorry, I was miles away," I said as we stopped at our lockers that were conveniently located directly beside each other; it's like the school knows he's the only person I talk too.

"Yeah, like I couldn't tell," Anthony replies bluntly as he swings open his locker, almost bashing me in the face if I wasn't paying close attention.

"Whatever," I murmured while doing the same.

Anthony and I said our goodbyes to each other before turning our separate ways and going home.

As soon as I set foot into my house I felt a chill run down my spine.

This can't be good

My mind started spilling with numerous outcomes of this situation. But the first thing that came to mind was John.

They couldn't have possibly found out about John, right? It seems to early for that to be happening yet. But what if it is about John? And their gonna ground me from literally anything and everything and I won't be able to occupy my mind. Oh god! Maybe if I just turn around right now, grab my bag, and book it out the door I'll have enough time to get away from them and start a new life. You know, the more I think about that the better it starts to sound.

"Jaren! Is that you!?" My mother calls from the living room. Oh my god!!

I felt my entire body freeze, it was like my feet were glued to the floor. I couldn't move nor did I really want to but I knew the longer I stayed standing at the front door the worse the ending of my story would be. So with that in mind I slowly walked into the living room where both my parents sat high and mighty on the couch. I gulped hard as I watched my mother pat on the space next to her, gesturing for me to sit there. I obeyed and sat where told before glancing up and catching my mother's gaze.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered out, beginning to feel my leg bounce up and down rapidly.

The two glanced at each other before turning back to me, and it would be lying if I said I didn't just shit myself at that moment.

Then, out of nowhere, the biggest grins I had ever seen shown up on their faces.

"We're moving to America!"