◇Chapter twleve◇

Jaren

"H-hello?"

I spoke softly, both in a cautious tone and questioning.

"Hey! I didn't actually think you'd answer." John says with a chuckle.

Wow, his voice sounds amazing.
I was absolutely shocked by the sound of his voice. Taken aback even.

"What did you think I was gonna do?" I ask as I pull my legs towards my chest. "Not answer." He replies making me giggle lightly.

"So uh, you have a nice voice.." I said after a while of neither of us saying anything. His cheeks became flustered and I knew mine were as well but I tried to pull it off like I had planned on blushing; even though that makes zero sense.

"Thanks, so do you I guess." He replied. A smirk tugging in the corners of his mouth.

"So uh, what's up?" He asks, trying to spark up some sort of conversation.

"Nothing really, I finished my homework so there's nothing to really do. What about you?" I replied, looking at the screen, locking eyes with John who seemed to be blushing again.

"Same actually, Evan and Tyler ditched me so I'm all by my lonesome self." He said, the smirk coming back as he lent his chin in his palm. I giggled while pulling my hood over my head.

"Some friends you have." I snickered, awaiting his outburst that I knew was coming.

Just wait for it.

"Hey! My friends are the coolest people around man!" He exclaimed like a child explaining to his mother why he wanted her to buy him a toy. I snorted in response before bursting into laughter when spotting the pout on his face.

"Stop laughing!" He shouted, I continued to laugh.

"If you're friends are so cool why'd they ditch you then?" I asked after calming down. It seemed my question struck him as the pout on his face turned into a frown real quick.

"Hey hey, I was just joking John." I reassured, already feeling the guiltyness creeping its way up.

John sighed before looking at me.

"No, you're right actually."

"John I didn't mean it like that."

"Still, it makes sense." He responds. I felt my eyes widen at what I just caused before hearing the front door opening.

Shit,

My parents are back.

"John, I have to go, I'll text you later okay?" I didn't give John the time to reply before ending the FaceTime and closing our conversation, just in time for my mother to knock on the door.

"Come in." I called, the door opened revealing my mother with a sweet smile on her face. I smiled back and set my phone to the side to give her my full attention.

"I just wanted to make sure you were still alive." She giggles. I join her before a weird silence fills the room. She coughs before telling me that she was leaving and closes the door behind her. I let out a breath I unknowingly held in before hearing my phone buzz. I pick it up to see that John had texted me.

Kryoz-gaming: I'm sorry.