Chapter 27

Corbyn's POV:-
I was in my office, going through some files when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in", I called out and the door immediately opened.

"Sir. The meeting is about to start. We're just waiting for one more person to arrive", my assistant said, sticking her head into the room.

"Thank you Amelia. I'll be there in two minutes", I said still going through the files.

"Actually sir. The other company manager requested for your presence immediately", she said.

"Very well then", I said smiling."I'll be right there".

"Okay sir. I'll go inform him now", she said.

"Of Course", I said.

She left and I gathered up the files, placing them in a drawer then got up and unrolled the sleeves of my shirt and buttoning them up again, I had rolled them up for comfort but now I needed to look presentable. I grabbed my coat and slipped it on then exited my office going straight to the meeting room.

The meeting started as soon as I arrived and I discussed matters with the manager. He readily agreed with my suggestion of dividing the grounds between both companies and the meeting came to an end with success.

I smiled happily and escorted our guests out of the building then headed back to my office. There was still a lot left to do even if the meeting was a success. I still had to look into the matters of my own company.

I sighed as I flipped through the latest document handed to me by my assistant.

Just as I finished signing the last piece of the document, I heard my phone ring. I picked it up to see Jack. I smiled and answered the call, holding the phone towards my ear.

"Hi baby. What's up?", I asked cheerfully.

"Corbs", his voice whispered out.

"Yeah?", I asked sitting up now, feeling a little concerned. He just took a deep breath but didn't say anything.

"What happened, my love? Everything okay?", I asked again.

"No...It's Bob", he whispered but I could he had been crying.

I waited for him to continue, my breath hitched in my throat.

"He knows about the baby", he whispered.

A/N:- Was this cliffhanger good enough? Let me know. Hee hee. Anyways hope you enjoy. And Thank you for reading. Have a good day or night and Stay Blessed 😃💞. Love you guys :).