15) The Dark Truth

The other girls pushed Jihyo in front, none of them were brave enough to go through the mysterious white hall way, which was unnerving to look at.
As Jihyo took one step into the hall, the atmosphere changed dramatically, it was like they were going into a portal.

The girls followed Jihyo behind closely, at the end of the hall was a clear glass that was a barrier from the ocean and the inside.
"Look at those fishes." Sana gasped as she touched the glass with her hand.
"Tzuyu do not touch the glass!" Nayeon demanded.
"I'm not going to touch it." She put her hands behind her back, trying not to do anything.

"What are we suppose to do now?" Dahyun asked.
"I don't know." Jihyo stepped forward, the opening behind them closed trapping them.
"Uh, is this suppose to happen." Mina stepped back and tugged onto Chaeyoung's arm.

It began to move forward slowly.
"We're moving! We're. Moving!" Momo panicked as she crawled up on the floor.
They began to move forward, faster and faster- zooming past all sea creatures.
"Where are we going?" Jeongyeon asked.
No one answered as they were not only astonished of the magical moving box they were in, but the massive structure that overlooked them.

"What is that?" Momo said with a shocked expression.
A large structure looked somewhat of a castle, with arms that grew out from the middle assuming where each elevator had to go.
The sides didn't seem to be old, but yet crumbling at the same time. Moss grew all over to it, covering the top and the sides.

They could see it clearly as they moved closer to it.
The 'elevator' reached to one of the arms that was build out for it. The wall opened and the glass became a door, letting them out.
As they continued to walk forward, they knew that this place was different. There was a big hall that led them into a huge room with the roof being so high that it was close enough to the surface.

There were 8 more arms leading to the ocean. They thought that it would lead to the other landmarks they have visited, but why?
Further behind the room were 9 pedal stool in which we're holding something.
One of which that item was not unfamiliar to them, nor was it new. When Jihyo saw this, she instantly knew what it was.

"That's... the sphere." She spoke as the other members stepped back.
The white sphere that Nayeon smashed onto the floor, the one that was never to be seen again... it was back again, but there were more.
The other 8 podiums had spheres, but different colours:
Red
Yellow
Pink
Light Blue
Dark Blue
Purple
Orange
Green

"What?! There's... more?" Sana breathed heavily.
"The sphere... why is it still here?" Jihyo questioned, but of course no one answered. They all focused onto the other 8 spheres on the podiums.
Was everyone lying?
Why was there more?

"I destroyed it... I definitely did." Nayeon spoke.
"You did..." A feminine voice echoed through the hall.
"But you didn't destroy the real one." Two floating black figures grew closer to them as they huddled up together as a sign of protection.
"Who are you?" Momo asked.
"We are the guardians of these sphere, we're glad you all came." One of them said.
"That doesn't answer the question, who exactly are you?" Jeongyeon impatiently stepped in.

"My name is Desire and my sister here is named Faith as immortals of this earth we are here to fulfil our duty to protect these sacred spheres." As the other sister slowly floating down till she hit the floor.
"Then can you explain why there are more spheres and why it isn't destroyed?" Dahyun said.

"The sphere has been passed down from generation to generation. As a man named Cho Seungbin keeping one safe, knew what could happen." They continued.
"After you saved your world—after giving it back to Seungbin—he gave it to us to keep safe, the one that you broke was a fake."

The girls were shocked.
"I knew that the sphere can't be broken that easily." Tzuyu mumbled.
"Then why do you need us, if you can protect it yourselves?" Chaeyoung asked.
"Because we need you for a favour, our sisters were banished after an incident 2 decades ago. We needed 9 people to use the spheres to resurrect them." They both responded.

Something didn't seem right, for Jihyo that is.
"Don't trust them..."
"They're tricking you..."
"They are lying..."
The voices in her head echoed through. She had no choice but to listen.
"Take their command... and you will be toyed..."
Jihyo started to make sense, maybe the voices in her head are telling the truth since they looked like the same figures in her dream.

"What if you're lying?" Jihyo began.
Her friends looked at her weirdly as she spoke.
"Excuse me?" One of the sisters looked at her sharply.
"What happens when we help you? Are you going to trick us?"
The two figures shook their heads.
"And who told you we would trick you?"
Jihyo stayed silent, but the sisters smirked at each other as if they knew.

"They are traitors! All of them are!"
"They came back to haunt us!"
Jeongyeon stepped forward, with a bold stance to help the girls with the help of Nayeon and Tzuyu.
"Who's 'they'?" Dahyun questioned.
"Are they talking about us?" Sana said.
"If you're not going to help, them we'll do it ourselves!" As the both of them raised their hand, the ground started to shake, the spheres started to float towards them each one ducking as they flew in the air.
"You will fail like your relatives!"
That was the last sentence before dispersing in the air.
"Your potion won't save you now!"

Water rushed in, almost filling up to their feet.
The potion effects had worn off!
Momo rushed to the transportation hall which was locked.
Now the water was up to their hips, more water kept pouring in, though slower than it did.
Dahyun tried to keep the water restricted as she used her freeze abilities in the cracks of the wall.
"My powers can't stop this forever." Dahyun grunted.
Everyone of them tried to look for a way to escape, but no use. They were trapped. It was the end.

They could feel the water up their waist.
"Is this how we're going to...die?" Momo breathed in heavily.
Each of them bowed their heads except one. Chaeyoung noticed she was looking as the ceiling.
"Mina, what are you looking at?"
She responded whilst still looking at, "Tzuyu, break the wall."
"W-What?!" Nayeon exclaimed, "Are you trying to kill us?"
"Trust me, just hold onto me."

They had no choice but to listen to her. She was the only one that had a plan. As they held onto her, Tzuyu walked up to a wall and readied her fist in the air.
Mina nodded, Tzuyu struck the wall only once— water poured in heavily, covered their whole bodies.
It was Mina's turn.

The girl shaped into a large beluga whale that crashed through the ceiling. They were zooming through the sea up to the surface, yet they weren't safe. They were far from the surface and already some were starting to lose air.
Mina tried to swim as fast as she could.

"I won't let you guys die!"

___
Thank you for 1k reads!