CHAPTER 3

I was reprimanded and scolded by Sir. Ice and Miss Vicky that night, if not for Gori it would have taken until morning. I was too exhausted to even listen at their reprimanding, I mostly just nodded and agreed to whatever it is. Kenneth was scared when I got back, he cried until he fell asleep as I keep apologizing and telling him it won't happened again.

A week has passed since then, I haven't seen any sign of that little dragon or the master of the house. Gori was right that the master never left the third floor or the garden, I was in the garden a week ago but the master might have been in the third floor then.

Here I am again at the kitchen peeling potatoes, helping Gori cook some lunch for everyone. Miss Vicky forbade me to work outside since then and told me Abigail to only give me work either on the kitchen or the lounge room, she also made me clean bathrooms too, not that I'm complaining but this life is better than the alleyway.

"Miss Aileen!" Sir. Iced burst through the kitchen doors calling out my name. I jumped in surprise as I stopped from peeling the potatoes, Gori dropped the kitchen knife he is holding in shock.

"Man! Icean! you need to stop bursting through doors like that!" Gori stated scratching the back of his head in annoyance

"Yes, Sir. Ice?" I asked curiosity laced in my voice as Gori picked up his knife and resume cutting the meats.

"You have a new job as a maid, prepare yourself" He said looking at his watch, isn't this déjà vu? Last week he was also looking at his watch when he came to get me.

"Okay, I understand. Would that start now?" I asked as I started peeling the potatoes again.

"Yes, and Oh, Aileen wait for me here a bit I need to get your new uniform" He said as he is about to leave the kitchen.

"New uniform?" I asked more like to myself.

"and also; Just to make you aware, you will be working by the master's side starting today, so be on your best behavior" He stated as he left the kitchen

"What?" is all I could say.

I stood there shocked and stiffed, in the corner of my eyes I can see Gori's mouth hanging open and body stiff with surprise. I can see the potatoes on the floor and the peeler that i had dropped earlier. I wanted to cry.. I DON'T WANT TO DIEEEEEEE!!!!! Before I knew it, I was hyperventilating.

"Ah! No! Aileen! CALM DOWN!!!" Gori screamed when he saw me hyperventilating, he rushed to me and carried me to seat in a chair.

"Calm down and take a deep breath" Gori said while handing me a glass of water

"Go-Gori.. I'm too young to die" I mumbled terrified

"Don't be terrified, The master is nice - uh somewhat.." Gori trailed off unsure but still tried to calm me down

Okay, I need to calm down. I need to do my job properly! For my little brother and for myself! I took a deep breath to calm myself, I drank the water Gori gave me and desperately prayed with my heart to god to keep me safe from harm and to keep me from whatever it may be that i might face.

"Just remember Aileen, do not anger him. No one can help you if you anger him - Not me, Not Icean, No one; So be careful when dealing with him. Do only what you need to do, don't attempt to do things that is not asked or ordered for you to do" Gori reminded looking at me sternly as I nodded in understanding.

Now that I felt come, I felt determined than ever. I need to be stronger; I can do this! It's not my attitude to be a coward. I have been through a lot of things yesterday nothing can be worse than this. The door to the kitchen creaked open as Sir. Icean went in and called me out, and gave me my uniform.