Tape #2

Fast forward a little.

Now, pause it. See, that's about halfway through fourth grade. That's. . . around the time I met Luke, Reggie, Alex and Bobby.

Aw, look at that shot. Cute, isn't it? Lina and I were selling the cookies that she'd made that day.

("Save the Sea Otter! Buy a cookie, get a sticker, spread the word! Proceeds go to a good cause!"

"Thanks for helping me out with this, Courtney. You're a natural. These have never sold faster!"

"Are you kidding? It's all your cookies, Lina. They're addictive! Hey, you've got to try one of these!")

Reggie Peters, heading out of math class.

("Cookies before lunch? On a Wednesday? Score!"

"Oh, they're each one dollar."

"And they come with these brochures. We're saving the sea otters!"

"Aww, look at those little guys! They're so cute! I'm gonna buy ten cookies."

"Thanks! Here, take the double chocolate ones."

"Sweet! I'm Reggie. Reginald, but everyone just calls me Reggie."

"Well, I'm Lina, and everyone just calls me... Lina. And this is my friend, Courtney."

"Hello. It's nice to meet you, Reggie."

"So, Lina and Courtney... are you two and your cookie stand gonna be here all week? Oh my god, these are amazing! I wanna eat them forever."

"Thank you! I made them. From scratch. And we're only gonna be here till Friday."

"That's too bad. One of my best friends goes to another school, and he'd go insane for these cookies. Can I have another four?"

"Of course! There's enough for everyone."

"Awesome! I'm gonna be back tomorrow with the rest of my allowance.")

He did end up coming back. Well, what can I say? Lina's cookies are like little pieces of sunshine in your mouth.