Chapter 2 - Revelations

(^ Alex's Outfit for the first half of the Chapter)

"Yeah Mikaela, I'm literally a minute or two away." Alex sighed as she held her phone to her ear, keeping a careful eye on the road in front of her. "Alright, I'll see ya soon." she chuckled with a shake of her head before she ended the call, lightly tossing her phone onto the passenger seat of her car. Alex turned the wheel veering right as she drove past a patch of green soon following it up to the park she had heard so much of. "There's the camaro." she hummed as she saw the yellow camaro parked on the side. It wasn't long before the doors opened up revealing Sam and Miles, Sam's friend climbing out of it. Alex served in front of the camaro, parking her prized car next to her brothers. Alex sighed when saw Trent scan her ride, taking in the sight of the bright red car.

It was a 1967 Mustang Shelby GT-500 Fastback. Something she worked her ass off to get and like hell she'd let that get to her head unlike some people. She grabbed her phone and opened her door, climbing out of it. Once her phone was tucked away in her pocket, she closed the door behind her, walking around her car and onto the grass.

"Hey bro!" Alex looked over at the voice to see Trent, the highschool jock and jerk, looking over at her brother who had walked up to a tree with his friend. "That car, it's nice." the redhead narrowed her eyes at his words, a frown making its way onto her face as she saw the way her brother looked back at his car.

"Oh great..." Alex grumbled to herself as she saw Trent walk around his car, towards Sam and Miles.

"Hey Alex." Alex looked up to her left to see a pretty blackette with blue eyes walk over to her.

"Hey Mikaela." she greeted with a light smirk on her face as she leaned against her car's hood, crossing her arms under her chest as she tilted her head slightly. "How's life treating ya?" Alex asked as the blackette sat beside her, hopping up slightly to sit on the car.

"Don't even..." Mikeala shook her head as she lifted her head to look at her friend. Alex could easily tell what was bothering her, all the redhead could do was rub her back with comfort.

"What are you guys doing here?" the two girls looked up at Trent's voice, seeing him standing in front of Sam as Miles started climbing the frickin tree like a spider monkey. Alex felt bad for her brother when she saw the flash of embarrassment on his face.

"We're here to climb this tree." Sam stated factually as he motioned to the tree his friend was climbing.

"Yeah I see that. It looks fun." Trent nodded as he looked up at Miles, an amused and smug look suddenly appearing on his face. "Ya know, I thought I recognized you. You tried out for the football team last year, right?" the blonde asked Sam, the small smug smirk never leaving his face.

"Why does it feel like I'm watching a real life version of Mean Girls?" Alex deadpanned with annoyance. Mikaela bit her lip as she looked to the side, holding back her laughter at her friend's perfect choice of words.