Chapter 2: The Darkness & The Gorillaz

You can successfully say that you haven't died yet, so being in a car with Namjoon is going better than you expected it to.

The first 10 minutes of the car ride (before you picked up your other two friends) was not as awkward as you were anticipating. You and Namjoon more or less just shared mindless small talk about work (and you getting in a couple of jabs about the dang chocolate-covered raisins), and before you knew it, your friends were in the car with you.

You were about an hour and a half into the car ride and you, Namjoon and your other two friends were singing I Believe in a Thing Called Love by the Darkness at the top of your lungs. You started laughing at Namjoon's attempt at reaching the high notes and munched on more chips, and passed back some gummies to your friends in the back seat.

When the song came to an end, Namjoon took a huge breath and asked for a bottle of water. You uncapped it and handed it to him - watching as he down about half of it.

"Oh man, attempting to hit that note is a work out. My abs and lungs hurt." You laughed as you grabbed the water bottle back from him and put it in the cupholder. He stuck his hand out, and you placed some of the stupid raisins into his palm.

"I'm impressed that your windshield seems to be fully intact after that note." Your friend laughed.

"You and me both. I honestly don't understand how people can sing that high on a daily basis. Good for them though." He tossed some of the raisins in his mouth while Clint Eastwood by the Gorillaz came up next. He groaned immediately upon hearing the first beat of the drums. "Oh man, I still haven't recovered from the last song."

You couldn't help but laugh and patted his shoulder in an act of solidarity. "It's okay Joon, we're almost at the diner. We can start the song over when we get back into the car."

Namjoon looked over at you and gave you a dazzling smile and winked at you. You returned his smile and quickly looked out the window to avoid him from seeing the blush on your face.

———

Less than five minutes later, the car was being pulled into the parking lot of the diner and you were so ready to get up and stretch your legs.

Traffic was bad, so you ended up getting to the diner later than anticipated, so you were hungry for an actual meal. Junk food and candy is good and all, but you were in dire need of an actual meal.

You groaned in complete satisfaction when once you got out of the car and you were able to stretch your leg muscles. You lifted your arms above your head and stretched your back, and smiled when you heard several pops coming from your lower back. You turned your head and grinned when you saw Namjoon's satisfied face as he stretched as well. Once he dropped his arms, he looked your way and gave you a smile but this time, you swear you stopped breathing.

The sun was hitting his face so nicely, but the dang sun also shone on his eyes and holy crap, have his eyes always been this gorgeous? You felt a nudge on your arm and you turned your head to see one of your friends looking at you with a smile on her face.

"Joon is looking really good, isn't he?" Your eyes went wide.

"Excuse me?" You stuttered out. She laughed and hooped her arm through yours and led you to the diner where the rest of your friends were standing. Namjoon was walking behind you, talking to the other guy who was in the car with you.

"Oh please, you've always been so obvious when you like someone." You couldn't even defend yourself - you knew it was true.

"It doesn't matter, he doesn't see me as anything more than a friend."