Chapter 2- Dragons

A/N: PLEASE READ!!! With the end of the school year getting closer, that means all of the big finals are coming up and all that jazz so please be patient with this getting updated :)

Also, I will be updating the chapters after they are posted when I either make or find some good art so make sure to come back to check! Alright, thank you for reading and enjoy the chapter!!!

ART ABOVE BY https://priski101.tumblr.com/

The silence hung heavy in the air as Maya awaited an answer. Rapunzel shook her head out and looked Maya directly in the eye.

"What did you just say?" she asked. Maya laughed lightly.

"Do you know that there is a ghost following you, Rapunzel?" she asked. Varian and Rapunzel shared a glance.

"You can see him?" Raps asked.

"As I explained before, I have a third eye. Therefore I can see your friend. Although I am unable to hear him." she said, sounding a little exasperated.

Rapunzel took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "So... does that mean you know who he is?"

"Well, not personally but yes, I do know about Varian Qurinson." she said "I know you are a big fan of alchemy and that is why you came to my store."

Varian nodded. Rapunzel leaned forward onto the table. "Can you tell us why he is a ghost?" she asked "and why we are tethered together?"

Maya shook her head. "Unfortunately I cannot tell you either, as it is that I am not the person to tell you. But I can give you hints as to what your future holds."

Rapunzel looked to Varian and he nodded, still looking at Maya. This woman can see him so they might as well believe what she says. Rapunzel turned to Maya and nodded.

"Let's start with you, Rapunzel." She grabbed the deck of tarot cards and spread them out on the table. "Pick three cards" Maya said, motioning to the laid out cards. Rapunzel did and Maya pushed the rest back into a neat stack. Maya motioned again to the three cards and Rapunzel picked one. Maya flipped it over. She observed it with a close eye.

"Ah, I see." Maya mumbled "This card means that you have a very long journey ahead, both physical and spiritual. There will be a betrayal and you must find your true friends. If you do not rely on them, you will surely fail." Rapunzel took the card and looked at it. It showed someone on a road, facing a group of people. One of the people had a sword. She glanced nervously at Varian.

"Oh come on, I don't even have a body, how am i supposed to betray you?" he said frustratedly

"Oh come on, I don't even have a body, how am i supposed to betray you?" he said frustratedly. Rapunzel sighed and handed the card back to Maya. She gave Raps a kind smile before shuffling the deck and repeating the process with Varian. Maya flipped over the card and her eyes widened slightly.