chapter three

louias point of view

Amelia, Noah and I went trough the options I have. We've come to a point, where I decided that I want continue work and my research until I would show symptoms. I know, that's risky and possibly the most dumbest thing someone could ever do. Both of them, Amelia and Noah, have tried to talk me out of it but for me it is the only thing that is going to keep my alive, work. In this way I'm just like my parents, work until your body shuts you down. Until you have to accept that you need surgery.

Honestly I wish it would be different. I wish I didn't have this thing in my head. Yeah, I've said that a thousand times, but such a fate really sucks. Literally sucks.. From one moment to the next: BUM. Working part-time, no more 10-hours surgerys, putting the wedding with Noah on hold.. Really not how I imagined the year would be.

I wanted to be pregnant by the end of the year, getting married to the love of my life on a beach, living in the middle of nowhere. I wanted to settle down. I wanted to do my PhD in a different specialty, maybe even neurology, I don't know. What I know is that I want my life back.

teddy's point of view

Countless calls from Tom, thousand messages from Bailey and Mer, and 1 letter from Lou. I haven't been the same since she told us about the tumor. I haven't spoken to her since then, because.. Because? Scaring her more then she is? Wanting to protect her from seeing me this way? Good question. Tom always tries to make me feel comfortable with the whole situation, I keep pushing her away.

The last shower I had was nearly a week ago, because I don't get out of bed. I easily can't bring myself to get up, my body is numb, stuck in this moment, in this second. As if someone had pressed "pause".

I had considered going back to work, like Tom, who has been throwing himself into work since then, but is home as early as possible to check on me.

A few hours passed as I find myself in the kitchen, cooking meal. It's a step forward. Steak, fries and salad. Tom loves it. Well, it has to be medium but then he's happy. And I kinda love it too, I mean. How could I not? It's something he always made when we went on dates, he don't likes restaurants that much so he decided to cook at home. And besides that: I told him that I am pregnant with Lou on our anniversary, guess what we had for dinner: Steaks with fries and salad.

I texted Lou that she should come with Noah for dinner, so that we can talk and we can hug our Baby girl again. She's nearly 30 but she's still my baby girl, Tom and mines. Altman Koracick tradition to call her with Lou or baby girl. When she was a teen she hated her nicknames but then she became friends with it.

Now that I'm thinking of her, I came to the realization that she went trough this without her mum. She told us and I literally shut down since them. Till now. I'm gonna shower again, and I'll let her know that she has my full support. I'm not leaving my Girl all alone. She's gonna be a mom too and I'm gonna help her and Noah trough this. We all are. Everyone in the hospital. They are all family.

{30 minutes later - tom's point of view}

As I came home from work, a familiar car stood in the drive way. It was Noah's Mercedes, they got this one only a few months back. Lou and Noah couldn't wait to show us. The smile, they had on their faces. Sadly, she didn't wanted any money from me or teddy. I had to accept that.

Everyone was sitting in the little garden we had Infront of our house. All together at the fire place, cuddling together comfortable.
"You didn't invited me!!" I said laughing while I was coming up to them. Teddy put her blanket aside, came up to me and kisses me gently. "Tom!! We didn't forget to invite you. We just couldn't wait for my wonderful husband anymore, you know?." she says and puts her arm around my neck. "I hope you can forgive us. Your food is already waiting inside. I put it in the oven to keep it warm." She smiles. It's been days since I last saw this. And God, I missed it so much.
I miss her back and said hi to Lou and Noah. Thanks to the upcoming rain we decided to go back inside, so that I first would not have to eat alone, and second nobody would get wet and ill.

We sat together a few hours and Lou also told us her decision she has made earlier this day. Noah was silent, but hold her hand all the time, showing her that he is not leaving her side. in sickness and in health. He's the one for her. Still treating her like a queen, I already knew that before, but now it's just 1000% sure that he's the one for my Girl.