chapter five

tom's point of view

"I wanna work until I really show symptoms. And when it becomes really dangerous, speaking of brain bleed and the other things that could possibly happen.. I let Amelia operate. And only then. Please, be understanding. This decision was hard enough and Noah already tried to talk me out of it because he doesn't want to loose me.. But my decision is made." Lou said and let go of Noah's hand and then grabbed mine and Teddy's.

I expected this decision and if Amie is the leading surgeon on her case she would sure have said something against this decision.

It's hard to look into Lous eyes, full of pain, full of tears. The last time I've seen her this vulnerable was when she went trough her board exams and was scared of failing. The exams were nothing compared to this. This is more dangerous and probably the most scaried thing my girl ever has been trough or had to go trough.

"And Mom? Dad. Believe me, it was a hard decision. It kept me awake for nights, horrible nights.." For a moment she laughed but then she became serious again. "I'm gonna need you both. Not that you not are going to support me, that's out of question." She starts crying and squeezes our hands, looking at us. "You have to promise me that you won't leave each others side. Because I know my parents very well and.. My therapy will cost you both your nerves, your patience.. I don't know what it means to see your child suffer like that, like me. But I do know that it can lead to the separation of the parents, because both can hardly bear the suffering of the other and think it would be better that way. For God's sake, please don't do that to me too because I can't take that. Okay, you have to promise me this, understood? " Teddy and I nodded instantly and hugged our daughter. She means the world to us and I won't let God take another child of mine. Not in this life. And speaking of break up.

I am not gonna leave teddy. She'll suffer depression, I am completely sure and aware of that. But I am not gonna play the coward leaving her just because it hurts me to see her that way. She can push me away a million times, but I'll come back every. single. time. Because she's my wife and I promised her, as in good times and in bad. I am not that guy who breaks promises. I stand by them.

And the day Louisa made it to this world, thanks to my wonderful amazing wife..

< I love to say this lol >

I promised to her that I will protect her and be by her side for every thing she has to face in life.

Including brain tumors and the  difficulties that comes with this diagnosis.

"I love you. All of you" Louisa said and went back into Noah's arms. I'm sure without him she would have lost completely her mind. Not that she's crazy but he is a reason that she's not going to get crazy and I don't know what else. I like him, I really do.

{ a few hours later}

Teddy and I went to bed only a few hours later and Lou and Noah drove home a lil while earlier.

Since this emotional roller coaster night a few weeks had passed and today Lou asked me to join her appointment with amelia, to see how things are going. Teddy and Noah are back at work, distracting themselves. They had to, otherwise even Bailey would have been not the nicest..

(this is probably the shortest chapter ever but I hope you like it)