chapter four

noahs point of view

As we headed back inside Tom has eaten his Steak Teddy made and decided to go trough some old photo albums he still kept from Louisas time as an intern and her residency. Her first surgery, the first case with her parents, and the case that led to our first met. It was the first case she was an attending on.

{ 7,5 years earlier, still noahs pov }

"I heard some kick-your-ass-cardio god needs help." A blond women turned around and they Broke off her conversation with a young woman who, to be honest, looks like her. "Doctor Adams. Nice to see you again!" Doctor Altman turns around and we shake hands in greeting. "Louisa, may I introduce you? Doctor Noah Adams. Top cardiac surgeon at Inova Fairfax Hospital. Doctor Adam's, my daughter Luisa Altman Koracick." Therefore the similarity, which I noticed before. Now it's clear.

"Also cardio .. Nice to meet you, Doctor Adams." says the young doctor to me and takes me under possession.

She's pretty and she sure is intelligent. She learns from the best, after all she is an Altman Koracick, concentrated power. And yet she gives the impression that she has more than just her popular last name.

I'm under her spell, so that I don't even notice how Doctor Altman withdraws and her daughter is already showing me the clinic. She explains to me in a very relaxed and fluent way how the processes are here and adds a few breaks here and there, during which we have a nice chat. I never took my eyes off her lips once, not even when we were together at the operating table a week later. We've become closer during this week of work together but it never went much further than a few drinks and a lot of drunk conversations about politics. And she hates politics, as she later told me. That girl is driving me insane, I can tell you.

During the surgery all I do is listen to her and look in her eyes every chance I get. Of course my concentration is on the patient.. But she. God, she's starting to become like a drug. A drug that is advertised and that you definitely want to try. Although you are warned about the possible addiction. Never has a woman caught my attention as much as Louisa Altman koracick does. And I'm getting the feeling that I just experienced love at first sight. Which is crazy, I am from a complete different state, I'm from Washington and she's here. She's an attending and I'm Cardio-Chief in DC and I'm falling for an attending?

{ current time }

Here I am now, moved to Seattle for this woman who was once an attending and is soon going to be my wife and hopefully the mother of my children. Much better then being on a plane for 5 hours. I don't really like flying and being near to her feels like home. Every single time I'm coming home from work and she got a day off. Home

"Remember when the two of you where lying to us when you showed up at work two hours late and both had a different excuse? Yours was that you where busy, helping a cop treating a accident victim and Lou's was that she did not heard the alarm." Teddy said and looked at us while she was laughing. "I just proposed to your daughter. That was an excellent excuse, Teddy!" I laughed and looked at my finances mum. And then at Lou, both were laughing. Besides their laugh is the most beautiful thing ever when you have in mind what they just went trough.

They are tough, a freakin force of nature, as if nothing could take them down. Just one of the many things Teddy gave to her daughter.

Smartness, Beauty and kindness, that are things she got from both of them. And that little birthmark on her cheek, thats one thing she's got from Tom. You won't notice it until you look straight at it.

"But you didn't use it. If you would have told me I wouldn't have you the extra patients you had to do. What are we learning here, Doctor Adams? Don't lie to an Altman Koracick. You will regret it." she said with such a kind look on her face, I knew she was making jokes. I love this family. How nearly nothing has changed. Even a tumor can be forgotten for a few hours.

"I decided that I am still continuing my research and work." Lou said and broke down the happiness that filled the room just moments ago. Her parents knew, how dangerous this could be..