Not A Lot Going On

Today Taylor is 25 weeks along. The baby is the size of cauliflower. Measuring at 13.6 inches. Weighing nearly 1.5 pounds. She was having more energy these days. She wasn't feeling so sick. She could eat a lot more food. Joe was still away at work but he came home on the weekend. She missed him during the week. They made most of the time they did have together. She enjoyed the nightly activities with him. They were active until the sun came up. He was finally asleep but she was still awake, unable to sleep. He rolled over, mumbled "Can't sleep?." she replied "The baby is awake, kicking my stomach like it's a drum set."

Joe leans to her stomach, whispers "Let your mommy get some rest little one."

Taylor loved it when Joe talked to their baby. He often did it when she was fast asleep. He knew that she was feeling uncomfortable because of the baby.

He yawns a little bit "Is there any way I can help you feel better?."

"Not unless you can get this baby to sleep. When the moon is up she's up." she sighs

Joe rubs his tired eyes, snuggles closer to his very pregnant wife, rest his head on her stomach. She runs her hands through his hair. She felt her eyes drift back to sleep.

Joe talked to the baby" No more late night parties young lady. Mom needs to sleep so do you."

He felt a finger or a foot press against his head in rejection. This baby was stubborn just like her mom when she's in the middle of writing music.

" You're stubborn just like you're mom."

He felt more fingers moving around. He couldn't get this baby to stop moving around. It was like she was playing the piano. He knew that fighting was going to get him no were.