Chapter 3: wake up

Luke's POV:

Me and the boys walk inside Jalena's house and sees her eating dinner with her family. We smile and start walking towards her but she yells when she sees us making us stop. "Oh that's me. Ripping off that Band-Aid." Jalena said to a woman. "There's my brave girl!" The woman said. "Hey Jalena. I really like what you guys did to the place." I said standing next to her. "You shouldn't be here." Jalena said. 

"Oh I'm just here to help mija." The woman said. "I think that's our cue to leave." Alex said. "I mean you should be at Pilates. Thanks for bringing us food." Jalena said hugging the woman. Then she gives us a death glare. "We should have called first." Reggie said. Then we poofed out of there.

Jalena's POV:

After Tia left things got awkward. "So Jalena. Wanna hear how I slid into home and was almost safe?" Kace asked. "You're a good brother. That's not gonna work." Dad said signaling for him to leave. "Well I tried." Kace said and gets up and heads to the living room. "Oh Jalena is Mia still single. If so can you put in a good word for me?" Wyatt asked. "You too. Out." Dad said. "Fine." Wyatt said and goes to the living room.

"Why didn't you tell me? You made me lie to your aunt." Dad said. "Sorry. I was gonna tell you after dinner. I was." I said. "Honey I know those classes can be difficult but you still like music don't you?" He asked. "I don't know. Maybe." I said. He sighs. "You know every time I look at you and the boys I see your mother. It's like she's right there with us." He said. Then suddenly we hear rock music playing.

"What's that?" Kace asked. "I must have left the stereo on in the garage. I'll go get it." I said and gets up and heads towards the garage. I open the door and sees Luke, Alex, and Reggie playing the instruments they found. "Guys! Guys! Stop! Cut it out!" I said and they stopped. "Oh hey Jalena." Luke said. "The whole neighborhood can hear you. I thought I told you guys to leave." I said. "Wait. People can hear us play?" Alex asked.

"Yes! And so did my dad and brothers." I said. Luke walks over to me. "Oh by the way I really love your name. It's a very pretty name." Luke said. That's when my heart started racing. Just then my dad walks in. "Papa! Hey." I said.

Luke's POV:

"I just wanted to make sure that you're ok." Jalena's dad said. "Yeah I'm fine. I just had to turn off the CD player." Jalena said. "I liked that song you had on." Her dad said. "Sweet! We're Sunset Curve." I said. "Tell your friends." Reggie said. "It's just an old CD I found." Jalena said. "Well it's nice you're listening to music. Out here you can play whatever you want whenever you want." Her dad said. 

"Oh that's nice." Reggie said. "Stay out of this." Jalena said. "Oh I'm sorry honey." Jalena's dad said. "No not you. Um just give me a minute." Jalena said. Then her dad nods and leaves. Jalena looks at us. "Why can't you just be normal ghosts? Hang out in an old mansion. I hear Pasadena's nice." She said and walks out. "I think she's warming up to us." Alex said. I poof out of the studio and in front of Jalena.

"Ahh. Stop that." She said. "I'm sorry but do you know how rad this is? People can actually hear us play." I said. "Yeah it's just I had a really really awful day." Jalena said. "I'm sorry about your bad day but 3 guys just found out that they had a bad 25 years. And then learned that the one thing they lived for they can still do. That's pretty rad." I said. "You're right. It's just." She said. "Your bad day." I said.

"Yeah." She said. "Look I'm sorry we came into your life but what me and the boys felt in there made us feel alive again. So you can kick us out but we're not giving up on music. We can play again. That's a gift no musician would ever turn down. You gotta know that. Clearly your mom is into music." I said.

Jalena's POV:

"Was. She passed away." I said. "I am so sorry." Luke said. "Yeah." Reggie said as he and Alex poofed outside. "We didn't know. I'm sorry for your loss." Alex said. "Thanks. I'm sorry for getting mad. You guys are actually kinda good." I said. "Kinda? You know that's like 25 years of rust getting dusted off." Luke said. "Do you play the piano too?" Alex asked. "Um no I don't play. That was all my mom's stuff." I said.

"Really? She was an amazing song writer." Luke said. "Yeah. She was. Wait how would you know?" I asked. "There's a song on the piano. If it's hers. She was really talented." Luke said. I nod and turn around to leave but I stop. I turn back to the guys. "I guess you can stay here. There's a bathroom in the back and a couch that turns into a bed if you even still use that stuff." I said. "Dibs on the shower!" Reggie said.

We look at him confused. "I just really like showers. Sometimes the occasional bath." Reggie said. "This is just too weird." I said moving my hands in a circular motion. I walk away and walks into my house. I head up to my room and heads to bed. *the next morning* I wake up, take a shower, get out and dries off, and then I put on an outfit, and do my hair and makeup.

 *the next morning* I wake up, take a shower, get out and dries off, and then I put on an outfit, and do my hair and makeup

(outfit)

(hair)

(makeup)

(makeup)

I grab my backpack and and walks out of the house. I walk to the garage and opens the door. "Guys?" I asked looking around but no one's there. I walk over to the piano and sees the lyrics to my mom's song. I sit down and opens the keys. I hesitate at first but then I start playing.

(pretend it's Jalena)

I stop singing and starts crying.

(edited: 4/14/22)

(A/N: just going back and fixing any grammatically or punctuation errors i made)